Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

Well I just got a positive test this morning!!! I'm excited and figured I'd introduce myself. 

My name is Aimee, I've been married since January 4th, 2011. So not too long, but we have been trying since then to have our first child! We are so happy, and I'm hungry... again. I woke up at 4 am, starving even though we had a late supper, and I had a snack before bed. So I figured since Aunt Flow was supposed to show up, and usually does so by waking me up early with crazy cramps, that I didn't have surprisinly that I would test! And it was very clear, so I of course had to wake up the hubby and let him know. Then I enjoyed my bowl of cereal before calling my mom lol, it's okay she's 6 hours ahead of us so I didn't wake her up at 4. But now it's 8:30 and I'm hungry... again...

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM

aww yay!  welcome and congrats! =)

JazzysWifey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JT32606
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladymyers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM
CONGRATS!!!
AimBre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Thank you all!

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Congrats! So do you think you are due around the end of January or early February?

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

My son was born in January. 8) Winter babies are nice because you can cuddle up with the soft blankets.

AimBre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Quoting mem82:

Congrats! So do you think you are due around the end of January or early February?

Well the due date calculator I used said early Feb, so I'm not sure. And even if it's a winter babe it doesn't get cold where we live (hawaii) but we will be flying home after the baby is born because we were already planning on going home for Christmas (Michigan) so I'm sure there will be lots of cold snuggles there. 

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hawaii must be nice! LOL You may have trouble flying home that late in your pregnancy. Make sure you research the airlines rules before you buy your tickets to fly. Some won't let anyone in the last trimester fly, and some well until your 8th month with a doctor's note. It all depends on the company. 8) Just a heads up.

Quoting AimBre:

Quoting mem82:

Well the due date calculator I used said early Feb, so I'm not sure. And even if it's a winter babe it doesn't get cold where we live (hawaii) but we will be flying home after the baby is born because we were already planning on going home for Christmas (Michigan) so I'm sure there will be lots of cold snuggles there. 

CafeMom Tickers

AimBre
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Yea we aren't flying until after the baby is born, and a few weeks after that. As the military airline we are thinking of using doesn't let you fly until 6 weeks after the baby is born. We figured instead of going for Christmas and then again when the baby is born we'd just wait till she/he is born and take her to meet our family.

Hawaii is nice, I've been here since January, we have about 3 more years here before he is transfered elsewhere and we're hopeing Italy or Germany next.

Quoting mem82:

Hawaii must be nice! LOL You may have trouble flying home that late in your pregnancy. Make sure you research the airlines rules before you buy your tickets to fly. Some won't let anyone in the last trimester fly, and some well until your 8th month with a doctor's note. It all depends on the company. 8) Just a heads up.

Quoting AimBre:

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)