• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can stress bring on contractions?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

my hubby left this morning for 2 weeks for his AT with the Army .. i got sooooo upset dropping him off this morning.  i couldn't stop crying.  we just got over a deployment and now he's gone again.  it just upsets me bad.  then our 2 yo isn't listening to me at all.  he was good at first, but now he's just defying everything i say.  now i just feel completely rotten.  i feel nauseous, keep throwing up and cramping in my tummy ... ugh =(  i need today to get better

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM

yes ma'am, they can. I had a problem with them yesterday. 8( I'm sorry your day is going badly.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Absolutely

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Now, might be the time, to order your kiddo a pizza and a pay per view movie. get sleeping bags out and convince him to that it would be fun to pretend to camp in the TV room or something. I have no shame, I bribe my kids when I need to. LOL

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM

yes they can and I agree with mem82. bribery goes a long way. You need to rest, drink some water and try to stay calm.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Drink lots of water and relax as much as possible. If the continue you can get come Calcium/Magnesium from any local drug store to stop the contractions. It works great! Good Luck

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

oh good idea! lol my friend is coming to stay with me tonight 

Quoting mem82:

Now, might be the time, to order your kiddo a pizza and a pay per view movie. get sleeping bags out and convince him to that it would be fun to pretend to camp in the TV room or something. I have no shame, I bribe my kids when I need to. LOL

Loveing_My_Life
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Yes stress can! you should also drink lots and lots of water if your throwing up, that can also bring them on

Elyssa414
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Absolutely. I think that finding out my sons second brain surgery had failed was what pushed me over the edge into full preterm labor last time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Yes, they can. I'm really sorry about your husband leaving. :( I hope those 2 weeks go by fast for you!

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:23 PM

me too!  i know i shouldnt be whining about it since it's not another deployment and i know there are other wives that are going thru that right now but he JUST got home from being gone over a year and i didnt wanna give him up again =( especially this far along in my pregnancy and him being sooo far away!  

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

Yes, they can. I'm really sorry about your husband leaving. :( I hope those 2 weeks go by fast for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)