Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you believe everything the doc tells you ?????

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

like if your pregnant and they come and tell you. oh you can;t eat this raw sanwich meet, that you have't to heat it then make a sandwitch hmm okay!!  you can't eat spicy food cz it will harm your baby, gee i am so inlove with spicy food right now ,, i am craving it .. you know what i mean, 

so what do u think ladies ?????

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM

they tell Americans the following (abstain completely from any alcohol, no caffeine, no deli meat, no sushi, no raw unpasteurized dairy) because Americans are excessive. no other culture or country has these protocols (but then again most other cultures don't eat crap lunch meat all the time either lol) everything in moderation. 

megkc83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I didn't eat lunch meat, but I don't like it anyway. Spicey food doesn't hurt the baby. If it did, mine would be dead. It might hurt you with all that heart burn....

My doc said everything in moderation, so that is what I did. Soft cheese is a weakness. I ate some during pregnancy, but tried not to. Same with caffiene and alcohol. And fish.

I love my doc and totally trust him.

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I listen to my doctors.. I did what I could to have a healthy baby... which is just what I had :) I'm glad I followed the pregnancy "rules"

mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM

yep and i ate sushi, unpastuerized milk, cheese etc and my son was beyond healthy. it doesnt mean you will have a healthy baby its the excess they are concerned about. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I just stay away from raw fish, alcohol and smoking(I don't anyways but stay way more from those that do). When I had my oldest 7 years ago that was what it was and has been for some time. It was not till my 2nd and and then more with my 3rd. I ate sandwich meat, never heard of the spicy that is new one.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Nope I don't listen to that crap because it is absurd, I eat lunch meat, sushi, soft cheese, deathly spicy food etc.  

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Quoting mrs.pyle:

yep and i ate sushi, unpastuerized milk, cheese etc and my son was beyond healthy. it doesnt mean you will have a healthy baby its the excess they are concerned about. 

honestly I don't even think it is the excess they just don't want to deal with the micro chance that you get sick from something you eat because that would cause them to have to take time out of their day to deal with you therefore cutting the money they make in that day down because they can't see the 10 other patients while dealing with a food poisoning etc. The more I look at 'normal' practices the more I see that it had little to nothing to do with the mom or her baby and everything to do with what is best for the doctor

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM
This, except not a fan of sushi or spicy food (though i'm eating chili spiced dried mangos).

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Nope I don't listen to that crap because it is absurd, I eat lunch meat, sushi, soft cheese, deathly spicy food etc.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisakansas
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM

In France pregnant women are supposed to avoid salads and anything else with raw vegetables in it. :)  Generally, I base my diet on common sense and try not to trouble myself overmuch about the latest fad in pregnancy avoidance.  I was pregnant 20 years ago too, and half of everything forbidden now was recommended then. :)

lorsmommy08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM

hell no, lol. Well this one and my first I did kinda because they weren't full of crap. But my OB w/ my 2nd was so full of it. He swore up and down I couldn't have a 8lb baby, even though I did w/ my first and it was right there in my records. And then he said there was no way I could have Pupps when I was over 30 weeks, even though my dr. w/ dd1 did say I had it last pregnancy-but it was a mild case. He said there was no way I had it because every case he's seen of it, he had to end the pregnancy. Just dumb!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)