Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hunter update - 16 days today

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  • 29 Replies

As some of you know I was due August 10th but Hunter decided to come on may 19th at 28 weeks (sorry I had to edit this - I accidentally typed 18 weeks - crazy phone doesn't like my fingers)

Ive been posting lots of updates on my august board - but thought I will post one here

At 2 weeks and 2 days old he is now completely on room air - he still needs airflow from nose prongs to help - but NICU will be taking him off them tonight to see how he does

They removed his Pic line today (intravenous feeding) as he is eating very well (I am pumping and he takes 20 ml of my milk every 2 hours).

He weighed 2 lbs 10 oz at birth. He did lose a few oz at first but is now back up to 2 lbs 12.16 oz

I heard him cry for the first time today and he has an amazing set of lungs on him (the nurses were taking the tape of his arm from the IV feeding and I cried right along with him)

Both daddy and I have been sick with colds so we haven't been holding him - but they're clearing up so we plan to have some skin to skin time on Monday

He has two bleeds in his brain which is common with preemies - they are being monitored and have not grown - the doctor says they should clear up by 24 months. The one issue thOugh is due to these bleeds - it causes fluids to collect in the chambers. This is not fatal as they are being closely monitored and worse case scenario - if the fluids don't go down - they will insert a shunt.

Hes very active when he's awake and loves to smile at the nurses who have all fallen head over heels for him

The only time he fusses is when they have to change tapes for his tubes.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dannie0802
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM

god bless him n best of luck

kassrk
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Wow he is a trooper! Especially being born at 18 Weeks! I hope all continues to go well with the little guy!

Tamaralynn30
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM
I'm sorry that's 28 weeks (my fat fingers don't like my iPhone keyboard) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Tamaralynn30:

I'm sorry that's 28 weeks (my fat fingers don't like my iPhone keyboard) lol

oooohh!!  OMG!

That is still VERY early, but woah, I was wondering there!!

Bless him, what a sweet and strong lil one!!

HUGS!!!!!

athenaheim
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Glad he's doing good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

such a strong little man :) 

blondie09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM
He's so cute :) glad he's doing well, I hope he continues to get stronger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I'm so happy he is doing well!

ashleywagoner
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM
He is precious! So glad he is doing well. I pray he gets stronger and stronger every day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM

awww he is so cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)