• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so nervous.. does this make me a bad mommy?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 32 Replies

Ok, so I go tomo (yes on a sunday) to find out what I am having. I have 2 boys already and this baby is going to be our last one, This pregnancy has been so different from the other 2, so ofcourse everyone has in my hear its a girl! :)

I am scared that when I go tomorrow, and they telll me I am having a boy, I wont be as excited, ill be disappointed!

I know, obviously I will be happy b.c I love my 2 boys, but I am a mommy that deep down would love to have a girl!!!

I really just want a happy healthy baby!!! (OBVIOULSY) But you understand where I am coming from I hope, right?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ellasophia
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Pshh I don't blame you! Everyone wants to expirence what it's like to raise each gender. I hope you get your little girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:38 PM

How about waiting until the birth to discover the gender?

prettygirl326
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Yes i do! I wanted a girl when I found out and well I expressed this to my doc. All he could do was correct me and say "well, as long as it's healthy, shouldn't matter what sex the baby is!" Uh yeah that's true and all, but I was so ecstatic when he told me I was having MY girl! HAHA and she was healthy on top of that! That made it all the more sweeter:)

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM
It makes you human, in my opinion. Everyone has desires & dreams of how things will be. When I found out my first was a boy I was really disappointed but it goes away with time, especially when you hold the baby. Just accept that its okay and don't blame yourself too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan479
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM

i understand.  i was the same way before dd was born.  we decided we only wanted two, and i wanted a girl so bad....i was unreasonably jealous that all of my friends were having girls.  it doesnt make you a bad mommy, and dont let anyone tell you differently.

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM
I have 5 girls I'm pregnant now and desperately want a boy so yes I understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoonShadow3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I feel the same way. I have two girls right now, went to a ob app to get an ultra sound and the tech said it was "hard to tell" but it's a "girl"

so I'm going to get another one done soon for med reasons and have them check again to see if it's a boy :]

readyforbabynow
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I am thinking i am having a boy and my coworkers reminded me that 2 most recent pregnancies though they were having the opposite of what they ended up with, so try not to think either way...  GL

MAMAROO3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I wish I could wait, but I dont have the patience....The mamas that can do that I so admire! :)

Quoting doulala:

How about waiting until the birth to discover the gender?

MAMAROO3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Quoting mom2ellasophia:

Pshh I don't blame you! Everyone wants to expirence what it's like to raise each gender. I hope you get your little girl!

Me too, thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)