• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you tell me everything I need to know about cloth diapering

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

I used disposable with my son so I have no clue about cloth diapers. Ive never even put one on a baby. What are the benefits of cloth diapering? What are the downfalls? How many do you need? Whats a good kind to buy? Etc etc....anything I should know can you please tell me. Im debating if I want to try them or not.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

C8Baxter
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Check out the Cloth Diapering Moms group! The ladies there know everything there is to know!

I use hybrid cloth dipes...they're cute, less irritating and saves you money in the long run!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagickalMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM

There is so so so much LOL - There is an awesome group on here called Cuties with Cloth Booties- they have a lot of Stickied threads with info and just reading through the post should help.

Here is one of my favorite sites too called the Diaper Pin

Http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp

It goes over the baics.

I did cloth with my ds2 who is now 4. AFter using cloth I will never go back to disposables.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:59 PM

BUMP!

OsoDelTrina
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM
This. Cutie with cloth booties is an amazing group.

Quoting MagickalMommy:

There is so so so much LOL - There is an awesome group on here called Cuties with Cloth Booties- they have a lot of Stickied threads with info and just reading through the post should help.

Here is one of my favorite sites too called the Diaper Pin

Http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp

It goes over the baics.

I did cloth with my ds2 who is now 4. AFter using cloth I will never go back to disposables.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a.edwards
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I personally won't be using cloth diapers when I have my little one. I'm a nanny for two families (nanny share) and one of the families use cloth diapers and have a service who comes and picks up the dirty diapers once a week. Honestly, I don't care for them too much. It does save a lot of money in the long run though, and putting less waste in the landfill. I just don't care for them too much because it's a little more time consuming  and maybe it depends on the kind you get, but the ones the baby wears I have to flip them over and fold the cloth over so just in case they have a blow out it won't shoot up their back. Another pro that I can think of though is that I heard that babies that wear cloth diapers learn how to go potty a lot quicker than babies who wear disposables because those with cloth diapers can feel the dirtiness more and don't like it. I just know from personal experience that I don't plan on using the cloth diapers, but maybe they'll be right for you.

Nihhusa
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:30 AM
I cloth diaper my ds and I plan on doing it with any other future babies we have. I love it, wish we would've done it with dd. Go to cottonbabies.com its actually really easy. We do laundry just bout every day and we still save beaucoups$. We have 6 diaper cover that are all in one snaps (ill have to look to see what exact name is). We plan on ordering some more cuz we stuck a cpl in the dryer n now they have a lil hole in it and they leak. But I highly recomend them. If u have any other questions message me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tomib
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:55 AM

we cloth diaper and I love it.  It really isnt a lot of extra work

maybe an extra load of wash, but not a whole lot of folding!  we use a dry pail with no stink issues and I have a handy dandy diaper sprayer for cleaning poopy diapers.  I was really worried about using cloth at first but really enjoy it.  there is a lot to learn, but I love pocket one size diapers.  I also love love love FLIPS which are great for first time users.  the covers are reusable, you just change the insert and  voila, ready to go.  they are afforadable to.  good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)