Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthing Plans

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Have you written out a birthing plan? If so, did you use any resources to help with it? I'm currently working on mine and am so worried about missing something important. I know i'll be editing it for the next few weeks, but was wondering if anyone had a good website in mind that lays it all out.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I don't...I wrote out birth plans with all of my kids and not once did the Dr take a second look at them. My 3rd birth was perfect b/c I was at home...so they didn't have to look at it LOL but with my first two my Dr did respect any of my wishes...it may just of been my hospital though. Hope your horpital is better!

doulala
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I made mine from a book or two, but have online template resources I will share.

A BP is a great idea, but be sure you have an advocate to help enforce it.

;-)

Dragonmamas
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Actually i'm writing my birth plan for my SO and MIL to go over since they're going to be my advocates, lol. Thanks for the resources. I wasn't planning to make a long and complicated one, I just wanted something that pointed out the most important things to me and didn't want to miss anything.

4bugletlove
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM
My birth plan was pretty simple. I expected stuff to come up and I just went with the flow.
My Dr and I had discussed my wanting a natural birth on several occasions and she knew my feelings on everything.
My main issue was that I did NOT want anyone offering me an epidural and none of them did. When I did end up asking for one, the nurse waited until the contraction was over and we talked more.
I was pretty much up for anything. I did the tub, walking the halls, the ball, quiet room, music o
n, tv on, etc. Whatever felt right at the time, we tried.
I was allowed to eat and drink, but got to a point where I had no interest lol.
Until I got the epidural (days into labor), I could go anywhere I wanted, just had to check back in to be monitored every so often.

I think if you have the basics written down and talk to your dr and SO/family who will be there, you will be all set.
You need your support system to know your wishes so they can advocate for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jayzwife
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:38 PM
never had one. my plan is to give birth pain free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Actually i'm writing my birth plan for my SO and MIL to go over since they're going to be my advocates, lol. Thanks for the resources. I wasn't planning to make a long and complicated one, I just wanted something that pointed out the most important things to me and didn't want to miss anything.

I like this too:

Chart Plan Sample

"The traditional midwife believes that birth proceeds in a spiral fashion: labor starts, stops and starts, while the baby goes down, up and down, and the cervix opens, closes and opens.   Nature has no design for failure; she holds her own meaning for success."Sher Willis

StephanieB.
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I think they are great! I never had a very complicated one since I used a midwife and gave birth out of the hospital but they are helpful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)