• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possibly TMI... going #2 after having baby...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 32 Replies
So they gave me a stool softener in the hospital, but just one dose and that was over 24 hours ago... And I'm terrified of going!

Do I need to take more stool softener? Or will I be fine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM
They kept me on them for a few days. I had a hernia :( I would ask for more if you're having to push "push" hard to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM

It took me awhile to have to go...but one I went I had no trouble...that being said I didn't tear so I had no stitches down there to make it uncomfortable!

C8Baxter
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
I went a few days after...never felt like I had to before. I was nervous as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM
I had trouble going afterward. I don't think I went until the baby was four or five days old. I was still tender down there so I (tmi) had to use a witch hazel wipe to give my perenium some support so I could push a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I hadn't thought of trying that!

I'm only 2.5 days PP and I do have a stitch or two....

Quoting Pandapanda:

I had trouble going afterward. I don't think I went until the baby was four or five days old. I was still tender down there so I (tmi) had to use a witch hazel wipe to give my perenium some support so I could push a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I was fine!!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM
It makes a WORLD of a difference since that muscle just got a major workout. I only had to do it the first couple times and then could go without supporting myself.

Quoting JazzysWifey:

I hadn't thought of trying that!

I'm only 2.5 days PP and I do have a stitch or two....

Quoting Pandapanda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM

They gave me a HUGE script for stool softener and it isn't bad.  It's uncomfortable and scary but that's about it.  I just take one 2 times a day and it isn't hard to go at all.  :)

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I always use stool softner the first 2 weeks or so! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I was on softeners until my stitches healed, and trust me you WANT to take them! It makes it so much easier and LESS painful to poop! I was on them for a month because I had 32 stitches in my va-jj. If they are offered and your you-know-what is still painful, take them!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)