Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dropping or lightening

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

I can't remember how far along I was when my previous babies dropped but this seems really early to me.  I will be 33 weeks on Tues with our fourth baby.  My dr made a comment about him dropping at my last appt (this past wed) that my pelvic floor was no longer a floor but the basement!  All three previous deliveries have been at 39 weeks..wonder if we'll make it that far this time...So when did your babies 'drop' and what number pregnancy?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:56 PM

First was about 35-36 weeks, Second I dropped twice, once about 33 weeks and the second time about 36 weeks then it was pure hell when I would stand up from sitting or laying down I could feel his head pushing between my legs I would have to slowly waddle to the bathroom sit on the toilet and spread my legs as far apart as they would go and move around to get him to pop back up. It felt like I had one of those big oranges or a grapefruit in my vagina. painful. My third I dropped about 35 weeks :) my neighbors noticed right away it was a HUGE drop lol they were taking bets when I would have him, that was just before Xmas the majority vote was he would be born just before New Years. I proved em all wrong and had him Jan 5th at 37 weeks 2 days.

MagickalMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM

My babies drop early. I am 31 weeks and 4 days and my little guy dropped last week.

I don't think it has much to do with delivery date as it does with just your body and what baby wants to do

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM
I normally drop around 36 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I have only had one and I swear she was dropped the entire time lol.. SHe always hung out in my crotch

Loveing_My_Life
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I think I had droped around 31-34 weeks,

with boys boys, But I had both of them at 37 weeks

waitingonababy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

This is my first baby. I know my sister dropped right at 33 weeks. She delievered at 35 weeks. But I don't think that means anything. You can still have several weeks after the baby drops.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

With my first I never noticed. I carried her so low. With my second I as in my 34 week and had her a week and half later. With my third it was around 33 weeks and had her 40w 5d.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:34 AM

idk. I dropped several times.

chocolat-smiles
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM

i'm 36 weeks and i think the baby dropped cuz i can breathe again :)

trishasjunebug
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I dropped with my first son at 35 weeks and had him at 40 weeks 1 day.

I'm 36 weeks with this baby and I still haven't dropped yet. I'm still carrying him pretty high but was recently told he's head down and very low.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)