• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kynan Lee Eggert is HERE!!! **UPDATE w/ pictures** PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM
  • 22 Replies

Born 6/3 @ 9:37 am. 21 inches long...8 lb 5.2 oz. He is absolutely perfect :-) I'll post the story tomorrow after we get home & settled in. But I will say...I got my natural birth lol...there was no time for pain Meds. It was a perfect birth :-)

Birth Story...

Friday morning (3rd) a 2 am I was woken up by some decent contractions...not too painful & only about 5-8 minutes apart. Nothing to worry about...hubby had to go to work for a quiz & a performance test, so at 5:30 am he left for work. I called L&D at 6 am to see if they wanted me to come in because the contractions we very painful, I could barely breathe through them at this point, & only about 4-6 minutes apart & a ton of pressure. They said "if I felt I needed to come in", then I could...so I called Scott (hubby) & told him that he needed to come home because there was no way I was going to my OB appt at 10:30 am & that I needed to go to L&D. We get to L&D around 7:45. They first put me into a triage room & a nurse asks me about the contractions asking if I thought this was the real deal...I wanted to smack her & was like uh yea! So they get me hooked up to the monitor & at this point they are about 3 minutes or less apart & extremely painful. I was expecting them to tell me I was only about 4, MAYBE 5, cm dilated...so when they checked me & told me that I was 8 cm & complete (100% effaced)...the words that came out of my mouth were "HOLY CRAP!!!" They got me into a labor room & I asked for an epidural because I just couldn't take it anymore...but I was laboring too fast. So they got the anesthesiologist in to try & give me an intrathecal (just a shot in the back)...but it didn't even work!!! I never felt any different...so I had a completely natural birth! He didn't do the shot right...& then I was yelling at the nurses that I felt a ton of pressure (around 9:30 am) & felt like I needed to push...so they checked me & I was 10 cm & ready to go...little man was coming out! She popped my water & as soon as she did that I felt my body give a HUGE push!!! I gave over to my body & stopped trying to push myself & let it do what it does :) less than 20 minutes later & a few pushes...Kynan Lee was born at 9:37 am :) His face is bruised up because he came out so fast & the nurse explained it as "he basically did a face plant in mommy's pubic bone coming so fast" lol...but today his face looks a lot better :) I can't explain how I feel about the birth...there are no words. I am soooo glad the shot didn't work & that I could feel everything...at the time I wasn't enjoying it because I was in so much pain...but now, I couldn;t be any happier :) I had 2 extremely small tears that the midwife who delivered me said could have been repaired w/ 1 stitch each or they would heal on their own just fine...so I opted for no stitches lol. I feel great! A little gassy & crampy...but I feel amazingly awesome!!! Next time...no doubt, natural birth all the way :)

And now...pictures :)

Due in June? Join us in June 2011 Babies!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

CONGRATS!!! What a cutie!

Elyssa414
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Congratulations!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM
He's beautiful! So happy for you, your birth sounds great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommi0509
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Adorable congrats mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rugrat-mama
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:18 PM
congrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waitingonababy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM

What an amazing experience. I hope I can hold out to do a natural bith. He is so handsome. Congrats and good job momma. :)

doulala
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Congrats!!
How cute!!
:-D

I had some really bad tearing with no stitches so I am sure you'll be fine!

;-)

mem82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Congrats 8)!!!!

ManaLynx
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Aww :) Congrats!

evansmommy03
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Congrats!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)