Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Long distance ways to announce gender...

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, our u/s is Wednesday. We weren't going to find out but heck, who am I kidding, lol. Anyways, we are away from all our friends and family because we just moved out of state. I'm looking for creative ways to tell them without an impersonal phone call. And I'm not too big a fan of FB announcements, that's starting to become impersonal too :(  Any ideas??

by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goobersmom713
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Mail a picture of two themes u have picked out and have them guess then on a letter write if u guessed this picture u r close but its this one and put the name with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I did a facebook thing, but what i did was post a picture of him and then a few days later after telling parents and grandparents i told everyone. Which most knew because parents and grandparents couldnt keep their mouth shut, but its ok, im ok with that. people had fun guessing what it looked like...you could do something like that but maybe like walmart photo card thing like they have for christmas cards with pics or something and just write on there its a boy or its a girl

BabyFetus Ticker

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:28 PM

BUMP!

SrkStrickland
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Cute ideas ladies :) Thank you

SrkStrickland
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 6:03 PM

BUMP!

Courtneymack
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Get a plain white cake and take a pic. When you cut it the cake will either be blue or pink. Its a lot of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 6:17 PM

oh that's a cute idea!!

Quoting Courtneymack:

Get a plain white cake and take a pic. When you cut it the cake will either be blue or pink. Its a lot of fun.

Pugsmuggler
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Quoting sgt.youngs.wife:

oh that's a cute idea!!

Quoting Courtneymack:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM
I might use that baby cake idea to for my hubby since he cant come to the ultrasound. I think cards and letters are personal. Just do a baby announcment kinda thing except make it we expecting announment. Put the ultrasound pic on it. I think thats cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I love the cake idea. I'm even thinking of making cake truffles to send out, so when they bite into them they'll either be blue or pink :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)