Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Irritable uterus or preterm labor?????(piog)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2007 at 5:09 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm so confused.  I was told if I have 5 contractions in an hour to go to the hospital.  So at 32 weeks, I did that.  They gave me procardia and the terb. shot, then sent me home.  The dr. said I might have an irritable uterus.  My cervix was still closed.  I was told if I get 5 contractions in one hour to go back to the hospital.  So how do I know if it's just an irritable uterus or if it's preterm labor?  Today, at 33 weeks, I had 5 contractions in one hour, but then none for a few hours.  Should I still go to the hospital?  I don't want to keep getting drugs for preterm labor if I don't have to.  I'm so confused....
by on Nov. 9, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DUE012908
by on Nov. 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM
if you had contractions and they stopped... they were braxton hicks. real labor won't stop

OUR DAUGHTER IS DUE ON JAN. 26th!!!

Meg23
by on Nov. 9, 2007 at 6:05 PM
I have been in preterm labor since 18 weeks. Im on bed rest and i take procardia every 4 hrs. Plus i get a 17P shot every week!!
I still have contractions every day... some days are worse then others.... but my cervix has been shrinking slowly since i first had the issues at 18 weeks...... SO If your cervix isnt changing and its still long, and the contractions come but then stop.. you should  be fine!!!  True labor, and true preterm labor (like mine)   wont stop. they can control it like they do mine with meds, but it wont actually stop..........  Sonds like u have a irriatable uterus and braxton hicks........ when you get the contractions again. drink 2 glasses of water or juice...... and lay on your left side for 1 hr.  And if the continue in the same cycle (5-10 min apart) and start to get worse (pain level).. call you dr and head to the hospital!!!!
Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN