Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with second child. I just got out of a long discussion that had me really worked up. During it my tummy started getting hard, and painfull. Its not really in waves almost constant. Is it just from being worked up or should I be calling the dr?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
clasater
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Try just drinking lots of water and lie down on your left side for a while and take some long deep breaths to see of that helps, if not I think you need to go with your gut if your gut says call then deff call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Drink some water, take a warm bath and relax for a bit. See if it clears up. And think happy thoughts!

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM

It's probably from stress. Drink up, rest, and relax. If they don't go away, call who ever is on call tonight.

JazzysWifey
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM
This

Quoting clasater:

Try just drinking lots of water and lie down on your left side for a while and take some long deep breaths to see of that helps, if not I think you need to go with your gut if your gut says call then deff call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyNat
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:32 AM

sounds like braxton hicks. you can get it from stress or overdoing it during the day. i got them when i walked around too much or spent too much time outside in the heat. put your feet up or lay down and drink some water. if they start coming with regularity or are painful or accompanied by unusual discharge, call the dr or you hospital's l&d department for advice.

lissetteP
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:38 AM
I agree

Quoting summerbear:

It's probably from stress. Drink up, rest, and relax. If they don't go away, call who ever is on call tonight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirl06
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Quoting KittyNat:

sounds like braxton hicks. you can get it from stress or overdoing it during the day. i got them when i walked around too much or spent too much time outside in the heat. put your feet up or lay down and drink some water. if they start coming with regularity or are painful or accompanied by unusual discharge, call the dr or you hospital's l&d department for advice.

I agree with this. I get that too if I get really stressed or try to do too much at one time.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)