Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another vent about men

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM
  • 15 Replies
So DH gets mad at me cause we found a huge bug n DD room due to me supposedly not cleaning. Im in my first trimester tired as hell throwing up all day and expected to clean and cook and go to WORK r u kidding me so DH has one job I have 5 with no help that's not fair plus he doesn't provide me with the right tools to clean r vacuum is shit and spits out dust the broom is missing half the time cause DH takes it outside and my mop is industrial size really I get braxton hicks already and need to rest give me a break so because of this my next off day I will have to manage to get some energy to go through the kids toys and give the house a good cleaning knowing DH still will not pick up after his self I have 2 kids I am not responsible for cleaning up after u im not a maid or ur mother im ur wife damn it
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Agree... That's what his momma was for...

andiecandie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Exactly at least he just apologized for being a jerk and said he will get me tools
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Sounds like you need to have a serious talk. No way should he be treating you that way. Marriage is about equality, communication, and sharing in duties.

jlbelknap35
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Tools, how about some help to go with those tools?

andiecandie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:20 AM
Quoting jlbelknap35:

Right now that would be amazing but doubt it will happen
MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM

one step at a time right? LOL

I'm sorry he's acting like a jerk. I hope you feel better.

Quoting andiecandie:

Quoting jlbelknap35:

Right now that would be amazing but doubt it will happen

pregnancy due date

KittyNat
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM

i'm sorry. men just don't get it sometimes. 

andiecandie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Haha thanks u r right baby steps he is getting the tools then I can possibly tech him to use them one of these days lmbo
Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Tools....when he gives you these tools, I would hand him the broom and say you live here too, so you can help.

When I worked my DH always helped out with the household chores because we both worked. Sounds like its time for you to have a heart to heart and explain hey this pregnancy thing isn't easy so you need to step up.

sweetktn
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM

My BF can't cook worth anything, he pretty much eats out all the time or if it can go in the microwave then he'll eat it (hot pockets, micro pizza, taquitos, etc) well, he can make boxed mac n cheese but who wants to eat that all the time. He can clean like noone's business too but when we lived together you would think he was an invalid! He would only scrub the bathroom everything else was on me. I was also expected to only cook things he likes, if he doesnt' want hotdish then I shouldn't make it. O.o 'scuuuse me. Now that me and the kids don't live with him he has to do it all for himself. I will occasionally cook and he'll come over to eat but at his house, NOPE I will not go over to cook and clean for him, I have kids to take care of, school to do and my own house to deal with. :) So he can do for himself (cleaning, laundry, etc) but he chooses not to cuz I live there so it should all be my job?

I have no prob keeping up the house being I"m a SAHM..BUT he should not turn into a total slob that can't even pick up his own dishes, pop cans or clothes. One of my biggest probs with his lazy slobiness is when he would go help our landlord in the pig barns he would throw his nasty, stanky, pig sh** covered clothes on the kitchen floor and leave them there!! EWWWW ..oh yeah, the laundry room is right off the kitchen, 10 more steps and he could put them in there, why leave them in the middle of the kitchen that I just got done cleaning? so i have to do it again?

ok my vent over...men...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)