Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important please read and help ASAP (TMI) Update

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 AM
  • 24 Replies

Ok ladies i know im all full of questions lol but i could really use some help. This is my 4th pregnancy and im about 35 to 36 weeks along. I have only had my water break by itself once and that was my last pregnancy and it broke while i was getting sick when i guess i throw up and i push so hard when i threw up my water broke. <--- Sorry if that doesn't make a whole lot of sence lol. Anyways so earlier today i had a bowl movement (tmi sorry and more to come) The last 2 weeks i have been really constipated due to taking iron pills. Well i just stopped taking them a few days ago so now everything is trying to catch back up if you know what i mean. So i had a bowl movement today and you know when your pregnant and have to go and have to push you have to push (sorry tmi again told ya lol) Well i kinda pushed really really hard while going to the bathroom and for some reason kinda thought my water broke but couldn't really tell. So a lil while ago i went to pee and i have been having a lot of trouble with hemorrhoids this pregnancy (sorry again lol tmi) so i thought i would look just to make sure they weren't getting way way to bad. So as im looking with a mirror i noticed that i was leaking a little bit of fluid. Being kinda concerned thinking that maybe just maybe it was urine i used my finger tip and got a drop on it and i know you can always tell the difference bc of course urine has a smell to it. Well it didn't have any smell at all and it was kinda like a white cloudy kinda clear fluid. Here is were i need help bc when my water broke with my last pregnancy i never really looked. We went straight to the hospital and had them check it out. Now is there any way i can tell if my water really did break bc i don't want to have to go to the hospital just yet bc both my parents work nights and i have 3 small children and DH is in Germany at the moment. Sorry its so long and thanks if you actually make it through this.

Update: So i went and got checked this morning and thank god my water didn't break. Thank you ladies for all the help.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anarmyslove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Oh and i also forgot to add that i didn't start feeling contractions until about 7 hours after my water broke with my last one and even then i had to be induced bc i was progressing like i was supposed to.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Don't worry about the tmi, it was needed! Put on a pad and see if you continue to leak. I can't remember how long it is supposed to take but if you soak a pad then you can be pretty sure it is your water. Have you been losing your plug at all yet? The reason I ask is because mine liquefied at the beginning of labor and I thought my water had broken.

anarmyslove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Yes i lost my plug like 2 weeks ago i think it was.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Don't worry about the tmi, it was needed! Put on a pad and see if you continue to leak. I can't remember how long it is supposed to take but if you soak a pad then you can be pretty sure it is your water. Have you been losing your plug at all yet? The reason I ask is because mine liquefied at the beginning of labor and I thought my water had broken.

anarmyslove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Oh and i know i have been having extra discharge lately and thats what i originally thought this was bc it was kind of a lil cloudy but mostly clear but now even sitting on the couch i just feel like im leaking if that makes sense and thats how i felt when my water broke with my last one was that i was just feeling like i was leaking more then normal.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:36 AM

Just as a precaution you should monitor your temperature every few hours in case your water did break. Just stay super hydrated and don't take a bath or put anything up there. It will replenish itself so you should be fine even if it did break. 

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:36 AM

When I tore high with dd1, I was told to put on a pad and if I soaked through more than three within an hour to go in and get checked. Sure enough, it was my water...

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I've never had mine break on its own so I don't even know. If it feels like it then it probably is. Are you still getting underwear or a pad wet?

Quoting anarmyslove:

Oh and i know i have been having extra discharge lately and thats what i originally thought this was bc it was kind of a lil cloudy but mostly clear but now even sitting on the couch i just feel like im leaking if that makes sense and thats how i felt when my water broke with my last one was that i was just feeling like i was leaking more then normal.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I agree with the wearing a pad and seeing how much you're leaking- if any, I would do that.

anarmyslove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Ok will do. I have actually been drinking way more water today then i have been lately. I have drank probably about 9 classes of water just since about noon but have also been having contractions off and on all day long. Like i will have them every 4-6 mins apart for like 2 hours and then they will stop for a couple of hours or at least i think they do. Thats another problem i have. I went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago and was actually having contractions but didn't know it bc i couldn't feel them.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Just as a precaution you should monitor your temperature every few hours in case your water did break. Just stay super hydrated and don't take a bath or put anything up there. It will replenish itself so you should be fine even if it did break. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Thank you! See I knew there was a number. I'll have to dedicate that one to memory.

Quoting summerbear:

When I tore high with dd1, I was told to put on a pad and if I soaked through more than three within an hour to go in and get checked. Sure enough, it was my water...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)