Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i have a question for you ladies........

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 AM
  • 8 Replies
Soooo im 2cm and 80% effaced how long did it take all of you to go into the hospital and be ready to have your little blessings after you got this far?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1scrappinmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:27 AM

With #2 I was between 3 and 4 cm and 70%-80% effaced so it was about 7 hours later when we were admitted. 

kyliesmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:05 AM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM
I have been 4cm and 100% for 3 weeks now and no labor :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-

I was 2cm dilated, around 75% effaced at 39w2d, I had him exactly a week later.

YzmaRocks
About 3 weeks, lol. I was so sure he would be born sooner! But he came after his EDD anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:13 AM
I should add that this is one of the reasons I decided to not be checked in future pregnancies. I looked into it and having your cervix checked does not give any indication of when you will go into labor. It isn't necessary and I was really discouraged that I didn't noticeably progress. Plus there is always the risk of infection. So I chose not to get checked at all with my second child and will not with this one either.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

About 3 weeks, lol. I was so sure he would be born sooner! But he came after his EDD anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Everyone is different and every pregnancy. No ne can tell you. You could go soon, days or weeks.

I only got checked with my first two do to pains. So with my third my midwife agreed that when I had the same pains. I did not needed to be checked. But with my first I was 1/2 cm and 5 hours in labor. My second I was 1cm and 5 days later went into labor. With my last I had those same pains. Which was dilating for 5 weeks before I had her. So I have no clue how far I was when I went into labor.

suroundedbyboys
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

The whole effaced thing confuses me! I am on my 3rd pregnancy but have always had scheduled csections so I've never been checked for dialation or effaced!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)