Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need food suggestions...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm almost 15 weeks and I had a check up yesterday and I'm feeling really bad about my weight.

From 5weeks to 10 weeks of my pregnancy I puked everything I ate. Then around 11 weeks I started feeling a lot better and eating everything in site. I've gained WAY to much and it's really bothering me.

Of course I'm finally getting my energy back so I'm going to start going to the gym atleast 5 days a week and get some energy.

But I need help with food. Ladies please help me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Well, honestly, I think five days a week is too much. 8( You're pregnant so the damage in the weight department has been done. I would stick with grilled chicken, lots of veggies and then fruit. 8) Stay away from pop. It's empty calories. Good luck!

kslawmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Yeah I don't drink soda unless I have a migraine. Since I can't do much for them while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagickalMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM

You're suposed to gain weight while pregnant. Please don;t go crazy instituting new exercise routines. Now is NOT The time to worry about it. Your body needs the extra weight.

As far as food, try looking up the Brewer Pregnancy Diet. Its heavy on the protein and veggies it's really good for baby and you. I normally gain a huge ton of weight ds1 I gained 90 lbs ds2 75ish and this time I am 36 weeks and have only gained about 40 WOOHOO and  I feel so so so much better.

sample menu for me:

breakfast

two eggs scrambled with green and red peppers and a little onion

morning snack bacon

lunch -Peanut butter sandwich and carrot sticks

snack- yogurt and a peach

Dinner-  Steak stir Fry

snack - cheese cubes

kslawmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Thank you this helps so much!

I'm kinda scared to start working out right now because I blew my knee out before I was pregnant and we are waiting for surgery as long as possible and the last thing I need to do it is make it worse while pregnant.

Quoting MagickalMommy:

You're suposed to gain weight while pregnant. Please don;t go crazy instituting new exercise routines. Now is NOT The time to worry about it. Your body needs the extra weight.

As far as food, try looking up the Brewer Pregnancy Diet. Its heavy on the protein and veggies it's really good for baby and you. I normally gain a huge ton of weight ds1 I gained 90 lbs ds2 75ish and this time I am 36 weeks and have only gained about 40 WOOHOO and  I feel so so so much better.

sample menu for me:

breakfast

two eggs scrambled with green and red peppers and a little onion

morning snack bacon

lunch -Peanut butter sandwich and carrot sticks

snack- yogurt and a peach

Dinner-  Steak stir Fry

snack - cheese cubes

StephanieB.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

whats done is done. Working out 5 days a week is not going to help you lose and you shouldn't try to lose weight right now. The best thing you can do is take control now. eat lots of proteins and veggies and be careful with processed foods and sweets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)