Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you come up with your baby's names?"

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM
  • 58 Replies

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Kaitlyn jade- I liked it. I wanted kalia though

Henry Aleksandr Tyler- dh family name, name I fell in love with in 2000, dd picked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM

We decided on Nathan and Nathanial because they mean gift from god (and after being told I'd never have children we consider them gifts from god.)

Bryan is names after his daddy (only Daddy uses a I not a y)

Ryan is names after a family friend

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:30 PM

We loved the name Ella but we thought it was too popular/common and most first names (Isabella, for example) were the same way. So, we came up with Ellasen (and then we call her Ella, sometimes).

ManaLynx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hubby is the one who came up with Nova, and ended up deciding on it. We were stuck between two names that we both really liked, and I let him have the final say because I thought it would be cuter and sweeter if her daddy named her :) What's funny is that it actually has more meaning for me than for him (I am a total space nerd)

JanellesMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Liam because I love that name...Charles is my Pappys first name....Cash because DH loves Johnny Cash & Edward because that is my Pappy's middle name! My Pappy died 3 months before DD was born & I always told everyone if I had a boy I would have my Pappy's name in there someway because he was Dad to me & raised me! So when we found out we was having twin boys I was excited to know his name would be in both of theirs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAIRATRACI
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM
With my first it was his father's nickname and I liked it.(Thour Barden)
With my second we looked at a few baby name books and I said I liked the name Kael and his sister said it sounded like a nickname and said how about Mikhail. For his middle name I just started saying his name with all the names I could think of until I found one I liked.(Mikhail Reid)
With my third his dad had the name picked out for years and since I liked it we used it(Liam Doyle)
With my fourth I said I wanted to use the name Wyatt which had been discussed with my second. My boyfriend said how about Alexander Wyatt and I didn't like that so I said how about wyatt Alexander and I won. (Wyatt Alexander)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM

It just flew out of my mouth post-coital. Husband was post-coital, too (good to know, right?), so he agreed.

:)

JanellesMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM
I hate being mobile! Wasn't finished...lol! Passion Icisis-Passion from a song I heard & Icisis cause I got ice stuck on my tongue & my sister had to rip it off! Xavier Burke-Xavier was DH's name in French class & Burke is DH's first name! Janelle Alexus-Janelle DH loved because after being in the Navy(before me) & seeing 13 countries he only met 1 girl named Janelle & Alexus because I loved General Hospital!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabnbellamom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

my son we wanted to name him after an angel so we named him Gabriel. & im pregnant with a girl and im a HUGE FAN of Twilight so we desided on Isabella =]

blondie09
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Ryan Nicholas - Ryan is a name that I liked a lot, as soon as the u/s tech said he was a boy I knew his name would be Ryan. Nicholas is after my middle name Nicole, since his dad wasn't around.

Ethan Hugh - Ethan is a name my dad suggested and DF and I actually liked it and agreed on it. Hugh is after DFs grandfather that passed.

Aubrey Lillian - I saw the name Aubrey on a baby naming site and it stuck out. Everytime we talked about other girl names, I kept going back to Aubrey. I finally got DF to agree. Lillian is after my great grandmother. I told my grandmother if I ever had a girl I would use Lillian for her (all the boys are named after her dad in some way but no one used her moms name).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)