Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Was it planned?" "You're only 6 months, you look ready to pop!"

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
  • 28 Replies

."Was it planned?" "You're only 6 months, you look ready to pop!" Let's face it, people say the darndest things, especially to pregnant women and new moms. What's the craziest thing someone has said to you?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaRoush
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM

"Don't you two know how that happens?"

"Well, there's nothing you can do about it now"

"Oh... nice."

"I hope it's TWINS." (and she didn't mean this nicely, either)

"Are you kidding me?"

"You are NOT pregnant... oh, no."

ManaLynx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM

My neighbor saw me in the yard a few weeks ago and asked me if I'm happy. I had no idea what he was talking about until he patted his belly and I realized he was asking if I'm happy about the pregnancy x_x

A woman working at the deli counter told me I have a "spiritual glow" and that my baby is very special. Not crazy in a bad way, but a little strange xD

Shark76
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I hate the, "are you sure its only one in there?"

Um, yea...sorry, have the ultrasound to prove it.

Or those who say "its a girl!"and I say, "nope, its a boy, had the ultrasound to prove it." Their reply? "Well, its wrong, you are carrying too high for that to be a boy, its definitely a girl!" Thanks idiot... you know that how you carry has NOTHING to do with sex and everything to do with how your body handles pregnancy, size of torso, etc?

ManaLynx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM

^ Oh yeah, I hate those too! My family constantly jokes about how "It must be twins!" and people have been telling me I must be having a boy since like 15 weeks because I've been carrying so low and round. Even after multiple ultrasounds proving it's a girl.

LKRA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM

My mother: "You know how your daughter is real sensitive to sounds? Well, what are you going to do when she freaks out when you're screaming during labor?"

:/

Needless to say, Nana will NOT be present at this birth.

Asmith101
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM
"take her to the hospital right now she is going to explode any minute"

"let me guess, twins right?"

Or how about a whole table just flat out practically yelling "daaaamnn she is huge"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvzmykiddos
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Maybe not the craziest thing, but the thing that gets on my nerves the most is "DONT YOU KNOW WHAT CAUSES THAT!"  Seems like every kid after the first....2, 3, 4.....thats what everyone says. Like, obviously, we know what the hell causes it! It just annoys the piss out of me everytime!

listening to tunesbaseballslidepregnant belly

Chantel          Isaac Camron            Due January 2012

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM

OMG I am so sorry you have 4 months left. You are going to be in so much pain.

Why the H*** do you want a home birth.

You are crazy to have a home birth

Are you sure you are only 4 weeks. I bet there are twins in there. Good luck on that.

Why don't you want to find out the sex of the baby.

Well you should have an ultrasound. What if something is wrong with baby.

I could go on with more. I just roll my eyes, explain and well ignore people. Everyone will always say what is on there minds.

ravenhelms
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM
one of my friends said "are u sure this i what u want? Just a few weeks ago u said u ddnt love him"...she said this after i told her i was pregnant BUT she and everyone else knew we were trying for a baby and i still got that crappy reaction...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I hate it when DH and I are kissing or snuggling(we work at the same place) and some one says, "Cut that out! Don't you know that's how you got into this situation?!"

Oh really? Is that how it happened? I guess all those months of having sex like monkeys was a waste of time. We should have just cuddled more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)