Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your mother ever given you relationship advice that was just... terrible?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugareemommee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

yes.  just last week she told me to get the depro shot behind my hubby's back because my husband doesn't want me to get on BC -- he wants to have another baby.  she told me to go behind his back and he'd be none the wiser.  My mom usually has good advice, but she's a my body my choice kinda gal.  love her to death, but not taking her advice on that one!

housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

yikes...

I had one depo shot... Just one and was infertile for over two years. We went on to have 7 more kids after that.  Depo is awful!

Quoting sugareemommee:

yes.  just last week she told me to get the depro shot behind my hubby's back because my husband doesn't want me to get on BC -- he wants to have another baby.  she told me to go behind his back and he'd be none the wiser.  My mom usually has good advice, but she's a my body my choice kinda gal.  love her to death, but not taking her advice on that one!

twixters21
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

My mom has had 3 husbands and is now on her second long term boyfriend...I would never take relationship advice from her. 

CrickettyBoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM
When I was in high school she did and I always thought it was terrible but looking back now she was always right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I would laugh right in my mother's face if she ever tried to offer relationship advice.

I love the woman but she's been married and divorced four times. I've keep a successful marriage by just not doing what mom did.

tiffmomofmany
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM

HAHA, YES...I love her, she is great...but I am learning that I dont have to go with EVERYTHING she says..this is my family, my kids and my house.... :) ( Glad that it's finally dawned on me at 27...lol)

organicyogalove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Never, I'm usually the one giving her relationship advice. 

andiecheyenne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM
My mom told me no more dating after my ex and I broke up.. if I woulda taken that advice, no baby for me yet lol. Could be seen both ways though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM

really???  omigosh you're very lucky I have a friend who suffers with secondary infertility.  I had the shot between my boys but hated it, definitely not getting it ever again now!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

yikes...

I had one depo shot... Just one and was infertile for over two years. We went on to have 7 more kids after that.  Depo is awful!

Quoting sugareemommee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)