Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If he picks this name I don't know what I'll do....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM
  • 47 Replies

My SO gets to pick the name of our DS that is due in September. Why does he get to pick?? Because I named our first son, Asher Alexander. My SO did NOT like the name Asher, but I was adamant. He picked the middle name Alexander.

Anyway, for this baby, we both like the name Grayson. However, my SO is stubborn and because it's HIS choice, I think he's trying to find a name that he likes but I DON'T like. Now he's saying his first choice is Jacobe (sounded out -- Juh-Koe-Bee) OMG UGGGGGGGhhhhhh.... and the middle name would be Jasper (yes, after the Twilight movies... another UGGGHHHHH). If he picks this name I will be mortified to call my son Jacobe in public.... I'll probably just call him "JJ"... not a big fan of that either but WTH??

What do you think?! I still like Grayson, in fact it's pretty much what I've been calling the baby. We can't agree on a middle name for Grayson (if that ends up being the name). He thinks Grayson Jacob. Not sure if I like those two names together but I would just be happy if he picks the name Grayson over Jacobe. LOL

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnymommy122
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I love the name Grayson!  The other one is horrid and I am sorry if he does that, too!  lol.

andiecheyenne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Jasper is an adorable name.. twilight related or not. Grayson is cute, too! I dunno how to help though :( if we were having a boy, the name was Mason Aaron.. one from my family one from his.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagickalMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Naming is a PITA lol it's one of the most fun parts but definitely the most frustrating too.It took me and my dh forever to agree on names for this one he about drove me crazy. (and by the way I picked Asher for this baby's middle name. I LOVE it too :) )

I have a friend who's ds is Jacobe and she calls him Cobe

but if he picks Jacobe shouldn't you get to pick the middle name since he picked Alexander?

LKRA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM

If you name your son Jacoby, he'll grow up to look like this:

Total. Hotness.

One-n-Counting
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Well he obviously is still upset over your first sons name. A deal is a deal its his turn. Jacobe isnt that bad... Hope it all works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Oh I'm not worried, no matter what his name is he'll be a looker! This is my SO with our DS:

Quoting LKRA:

If you name your son Jacoby, he'll grow up to look like this:

Total. Hotness.

MommaRoush
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I heart Jacobe. Sorry, I'm with your DH on this one!

ashers_mommy99
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Ummm yeah I should get to pick the middle name... but WTH middle name would I pick for Jacobe?! I don't even want to think about it...

Quoting MagickalMommy:

Naming is a PITA lol it's one of the most fun parts but definitely the most frustrating too.It took me and my dh forever to agree on names for this one he about drove me crazy. (and by the way I picked Asher for this baby's middle name. I LOVE it too :) )

I have a friend who's ds is Jacobe and she calls him Cobe

but if he picks Jacobe shouldn't you get to pick the middle name since he picked Alexander?

ashers_mommy99
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Well it is nice to get some positive reactions... everyone we've told in real life is like "WTH??" Most people we know have never heard that name before... my dad will literally have a fit... but a deal is a deal... so I might have a little "JJ" running around soon... LOL

Quoting MommaRoush:

I heart Jacobe. Sorry, I'm with your DH on this one!

angi07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Well he probably has a point to prove now that you named your first son a name he did not like. Its his turn now next baby choose a name together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)