Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having him give up his rights

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 38 weeks preg.. Babydaddy not around but may be their at the hospital.. Did any of you let him be on the birth certificate but asked to sign over his rights to you.. Did you guys fight over it, struggle with getting a signature or was it peice of cake??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirasmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Well, if you dont let him sign the birth certificate, he has no rights. When a man signs, hes giving his word that he believes he is the father of your baby..No signature, no rights. If he wants rights he has to take you to court.

Pink.Daisies.23
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Quoting kirasmommy7:

Well, if you dont let him sign the birth certificate, he has no rights. When a man signs, hes giving his word that he believes he is the father of your baby..No signature, no rights. If he wants rights he has to take you to court.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM
I've never been in that situation but I hope it works out for you hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
organicyogalove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Just don't let him sign.

lfrrll5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM
dont let him sign thats how we did it with one of my boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlbelknap35

Quoting Pink.Daisies.23:

Quoting kirasmommy7:

trueblue1990
this

Quoting Pink.Daisies.23:

Quoting kirasmommy7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ufollakaitlin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I'm not giving my BD rights and I'm not letting him sign the BC. If he's not at the hospital and doesn't sign the BC then he has to take you to court, order (and be GRANTED) a paternity test, and that's a lot of money on his end. I say just don't have him at the hospital and leave the father part of the BC blank. Good Luck!

zestforlife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:24 PM

This. I never put dd1 biological dad on the birth certificate so he doesn't have any rights at all. Before she was born I asked him to sign away his paternity rights and he refused in case he changed his mind in a few years and decided he did want something to do with his daughter. By leaving him off the birth certificate he didn't get any rights at all. Now if he wants to spend time with his daughter he has to prove his paternity and take me to court. This was 8 years ago and he hasn't bothered with any of it. Some men are just plain sperm donors who really don't matter in the long run. (Cold, I know but he made his choice a long time ago, and refused to have anything to do with her after she was born.) Now dd1 has a wonderful, caring stepfather who would move the heavens and the earth for her. He is the only Dad she has ever known. Stay strong Mamma! Protect your baby and yourself and leave him off the birth certificate!

Quoting kirasmommy7:

CafeMom Tickers
kirasmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:24 PM

he can still be at the hospital, just dont mention the bc. Besides.. its the mothers choice no matter what. Im sure if he hasnt been there so far, hes probably not going to stay at the hospital very long after the baby is born..What ever you do, do not let him trick you into thinking hes going to be there for you and the baby once its here.

Quoting ufollakaitlin:

I'm not giving my BD rights and I'm not letting him sign the BC. If he's not at the hospital and doesn't sign the BC then he has to take you to court, order (and be GRANTED) a paternity test, and that's a lot of money on his end. I say just don't have him at the hospital and leave the father part of the BC blank. Good Luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)