Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many weeks was your newborn when you first took them out

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

i hear a lot of moms who wait a while before they take the baby out in public why is that I'm just curious? when did you take your newborn out?

pregnancy

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirasmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM

My daugher went to Hooters with us on our way home from the hospital. They werent busy and no one touched her..Its also no smoking.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Mine was like 3 days old. And it was middle of winter right after a blizzard. A lot of Mom's don't do it because they worry about exposing the newborns to germs.

kara.haughton
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM
She was a week :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirasmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Oh and with my son, he was just a few days..

andiecheyenne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM
I'll prolly take her out the first couple weeks only because I'll have stuff in town to do but since she's due in September I'm not TOO worried about germs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeyladie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Don't remember with DS # 1 but I think it was a few wks. DS # 2 was 1 wk. The moms are worried about exposing their babies to germs.

-Shelley-
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

My girls were only a few days old. I'm sure it will be the same this time around.

Porcellin_face
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM

We stopped at a restaurant on the way home, she was 3 days old.

We'll most likely do the same with this one, depending on how I feel. Babies are more likely to get sick if you don't expose their immune systems to things. So unless they are a preemie or have medical issues, I don't see the point in being so over protective.

MommaRoush
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM

a couple days. sorry, but my kids don't rule my life. i don't worry about them getting sick from taking them somewhere.

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM

dd1 was 13 days old

dd2 was 2 days old

They have to get out early anyway because within a week of being born the pediatrician wants to see them. I don't think babies should be sheltered, just when I go out, I make sure they stay covered to avoid people getting to close to them and keeping the baby from catching something. How am I supposed to go for weeks without getting bread and milk? I am lucky when those last for 5 days around here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)