Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my friend has been smoking weed while she's been pregnant.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 129 Replies
Is that good? What does it do exactly? If there are mums who have smoked it while being pregnant, what do you think about it? How did it effect you? I want to know as much as possible about this and how it effects pregnant woman and the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM

No, I wouldnt think it was 'good'.  I dont know exactly what it does, but its a drug, so I would assume its not good for that baby. 

Thats pitiful.  I hate when people cant control their habits when they are pregnant.  Its not fair to the babies at all.

ProudMuma91
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Yea I know. :/ I feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzie_8690
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Omg really!! Wow looks like she really most love her baby!.thats just sad! Poor baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:44 PM

this .. but i think it's completely irresponsible. 

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

No, I wouldnt think it was 'good'.  I dont know exactly what it does, but its a drug, so I would assume its not good for that baby. 

Thats pitiful.  I hate when people cant control their habits when they are pregnant.  Its not fair to the babies at all.

ProudMuma91
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Does it cause any problems? Could she lose her baby? Could she have her baby early? What if its just a little every weekend, does that matter? If baby does live, will it have any problems in life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Not to mention, I know at the 2 hospitals I've delivered at so far, they do do a drug test before you deliver...sometimes they are sneaky like my 1st hospital and sometimes like my 2nd, they do prewarn you. In both hospitals I had to take the drug test before they would give me any pain meds. So I mean if pot would show up at anytime, since it is illegal, it might mean she could lose her baby.

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

-Krista
~Mom to Lorelai (5-28-07), Peyton (4-20-09), and Aedan (EDD: 8/19/2011

ProudMuma91
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM
What state do you live in?

Quoting lorsmommy08:

Not to mention, I know at the 2 hospitals I've delivered at so far, they do do a drug test before you deliver...sometimes they are sneaky like my 1st hospital and sometimes like my 2nd, they do prewarn you. In both hospitals I had to take the drug test before they would give me any pain meds. So I mean if pot would show up at anytime, since it is illegal, it might mean she could lose her baby.

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Our hospital is the same way here they drug test you..cps will be called if she pops on the drug test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:56 PM
In some states it is legal with a medical mj card. It is a relatively safe and effective treatment of hyperemesis and anxiety, amoung other things if used responsibly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hecate9
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I would say no to all your questions. I know from personal experience.

Quoting ProudMuma91:

Does it cause any problems? Could she lose her baby? Could she have her baby early? What if its just a little every weekend, does that matter? If baby does live, will it have any problems in life?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)