Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast feeding mommies... qotd.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
Is there anything I should avoid while bf? Of course alcohol and certain medications.. I'm talking food or drink.. some women swear that certain food makes baby grassy. When I asked my lactation consultant she said it wasn't true, but the milk does have a different taste..
What do you girls think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CharmedP
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Every baby is different, there no rules that are universal for foods you can't eat. Just see what baby reacts to. As for medication and alcohol, check with a dr before using medications, some are safe, and alcohol in moderation is safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM

IDK  Join the breastfeeding moms group.  I'm a part of it and the ladies are very knowledgeable and willing to answer anything!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Just wait and see how your baby does. If you find that he or she is having issues you can work to cut out whatever it is. Avoid caffeine and lots of sugar though.

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM

After I ate certain things my girls would be upset, so I avoided them. Take your cues from your baby.

Liz132
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I just ate whatever I would normally eat, me and dd had no problems breastfeeding

prissypoptart
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Bp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prissypoptart
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I hear garlic can alter the flavor, so maybe try not to eat too much raw garlic.  ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)