Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat opinions please!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

My husband and I are planning on buying a carseat for our little one next month and we were at Babies R Us today and really liked the Combi or the Graco snugride 35 Logan. Have any of you used those car seats and if so, what were the pros and cons?

What other car seats are you using or have used in the past that you loved? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kyliees_mommy08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I love the Graco brands, so that would be my choice. Get the one that fits your budget and your car. Goodluck

blondie09
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM
For an infant carseat, I have only had a graco snugride 30 and I liked them a lot. For convertible carseats we have a safety first complete air. I like that a lot too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM

We use a graco infant carseat and we were quite happy with it. And I swear by Britax for a convertible car seat for later on. We will be getting a second one for this baby when she gets a bit bigger.

Oh and may I suggest buying from diapers.com, amazon.com, or even walmart or target. They are all cheaper than babiesrus but have the same stuff. I got my britax from diapers.com for $100 off.

MagickalMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM

The car seat safety group would be a great place to ask too. They have Certified techs that can recommend the best for your car and budget :)

We decided to skip the infant carrier seat this time and go straight to the convertible. We got the Graco My Ride 65

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM

i LOVE graco!  that's what we have =)

lorsmommy08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Yes! The Car Seat Safety Group is awesome and a great learning place. 

I used the graco snug and ride w/ dd1 and 2 but that's before I knew they don't fit a lot of nb's well. For this baby, we've chosen the Chicco Keyfit 30 because it does fit babies around 6lbs since that's what dd2 was, dd1 was 8lbs but the straps on the graco still didn't fit right.

Quoting MagickalMommy:

The car seat safety group would be a great place to ask too. They have Certified techs that can recommend the best for your car and budget :)

We decided to skip the infant carrier seat this time and go straight to the convertible. We got the Graco My Ride 65

-Krista
~Mom to Lorelai (5-28-07), Peyton (4-20-09), and Aedan (EDD: 8/19/2011

-Shelley-
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I bought a Chicco KeyFit, per recommendation from the Car Seat Safety group.

RozyMama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Chicco Keyfit!

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I have always used Graco.

Keiras_Mom07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM
We use the snug ride with my 4 yr old when she was born and are using the snug ride 35 with our new baby and we love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)