Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would u do if ur Dh/So came to u & said he might be the father of someone elses baby

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM
  • 30 Replies

My friend is in this situation. What would you do if your husband/boyfriend came to you one day and said "babe I think i may be the father to this womans baby" How would you deal with that?

pregnancy

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeatonsMama404
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Depends how old the "baby" is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Well I have told him that if he ever cheated on me I would chop off his member and choke him to death with it. I'm not sure how I would really handle it but it would not be pretty and there is no way I would put up with it.

Rach7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Well I guess it depends. Does that mean he was cheating on me with someone else and got them knocked up. Or does that mean he has a child that he did not know about until now. If it was a cheating thing he would be gone right away. If it was the other way around I guess I would find it odd that the person never told him about it.

MsLanaeee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM

It was a child he didn't know about. The woman just came to him saying that he is the father. Meaning he didn't cheat

pregnancy

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Rach7:

Well I guess it depends. Does that mean he was cheating on me with someone else and got them knocked up. Or does that mean he has a child that he did not know about until now. If it was a cheating thing he would be gone right away. If it was the other way around I guess I would find it odd that the person never told him about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM

It depends honestly. Were they married when this baby was conceived? Or was it before they were a couple? If he cheated on me and it resulted in another woman being pregnant, I would be done. Step parenting is hard enough, as I know well from experience, it becomes a whole different issue when someone had cheated on you and it results in a child and you are married. Not only do you have to deal with a child as a result of the affair, but you have to deal with a bio mom who probably expects dad to step up, but yet he is married to someone else and that person may not be so open to DH having contact with the other woman. It is a terribly hard situation to be in. Not to mention the poor kid that results from it and what they will deal with growing up.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM

this. I do not tolerate cheating.

Quoting Rach7:

pregnancy due date

Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Well my first reaction would be paternity test, before anything else happens. Then go from there.

goobersmom713
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:46 PM
I would be upset but be supportive once I got over being upset
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzie_8690
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:46 PM
If it was before we got together well i would be upset but i would tell him to take responsibiity if it is his..if it was bc he cheated i would dump his ass!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)