Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

issus with l and d again ughhhh UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my doctors office called me at 430 and asked how it went yesterday so i told them everything and they asked if i was still having pressure and stuff and i said yes and its alot more than yesterday so they told me to go up to l and d to get checked out and to not leave till i got checked so i did nurses were rude again and the doctor checked me again and said i was very posterior an 1to 2 cm dilated and 0% effaced well when i was in at 9pm last night and at 4pm last night i was 2cm and not posterior and 80% effaced soooo how is this possible im soooo confused if you can help this make sense to me please do

update i really hop i don't go into labor until my doctor is on call Sunday

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzie_8690
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Mmk thats wierd..somebody most be cheking u wrong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmommy7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Well when i got checked yesterday it was by 2 different doctors my ob and an on call ob and i was 2cm and 80% effaced both times then the on call ob today said no your very posterior an 1-2cm and 0% effaced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Here is a bump for you.

summerbear
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Make an appointment with your regular OB on Monday and have them check... Someone isn't measuring you correctly...

Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I had been checked by two different doctors during my last pregnancy as I had a appointment during the day and had contractions in the evening that sent me to L&D. My doctor had checked me and I was at a 3cm dialated and 85% effaced....when the doctor on call checked she said I was just at a 2 and only 50% effaced. I asked why the difference, she told me her hands were bigger than my doctors, that is probably why. Although in your case I would question anyone of the doctors and nurses in your hospital because of how they have treated you.

I would say who checked you didn't know what they were doing.

kyliesmommy7
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
My ob is not in on monday but he is on call sunday so maybe if i call and ask to see him he will let me and the sad part is when i asked the nurse if my ob was on call this weekend she said no so i desided to call my ob office to see if he was and ofcourse he is on sunday

Quoting summerbear:

Make an appointment with your regular OB on Monday and have them check... Someone isn't measuring you correctly...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmommy7
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Yea true i am questioning all of them but my doctor they dont seem to care im sooo ready to fill a complaint about everyone in l and d

Quoting Armymom134:

I had been checked by two different doctors during my last pregnancy as I had a appointment during the day and had contractions in the evening that sent me to L&D. My doctor had checked me and I was at a 3cm dialated and 85% effaced....when the doctor on call checked she said I was just at a 2 and only 50% effaced. I asked why the difference, she told me her hands were bigger than my doctors, that is probably why. Although in your case I would question anyone of the doctors and nurses in your hospital because of how they have treated you.

I would say who checked you didn't know what they were doing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Don't they just mean baby was posterior? So it sounds like baby flipped and you dilated a bit more and thinned out a bit more.

kyliesmommy7
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:12 AM
No yesterday i was 2cm and 80%effaced an d today i was 1 to 2cm and 0% effeaced and very posterior

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Don't they just mean baby was posterior? So it sounds like baby flipped and you dilated a bit more and thinned out a bit more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Either way it really doesn't matter. The cm don't mean anything or tell you much. And everyone measures slightly different so you aren't getting an accurate idea of progression. If your baby is posterior then seeing what you can do to get baby to turn would be your best bet and would probably get things moving along.

Quoting kyliesmommy7:

Well when i got checked yesterday it was by 2 different doctors my ob and an on call ob and i was 2cm and 80% effaced both times then the on call ob today said no your very posterior an 1-2cm and 0% effaced

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)