Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Shopping While Pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Sucks!! For a while I didn't want to buy anything because I had no appetite and now I just want to buy certain things that I'm craving! Shopping with DD and DF in mind has been hard lol!! Anyone else feel kinda like this? Oh and obviously I get them food but still it's like ahhh I just want muffins!! 

IAmPregnant Ticker

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM

lol. I have not been like that but I have not been craving certain items that much.

DviousMaskerade
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM

lol this last week I've seriously wanted turkey sandwiches, blueberry muffins, and raspberry danishes. 

Quoting Rach7:

lol. I have not been like that but I have not been craving certain items that much.

Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Those words make me cringe because I have to do all of it by myself. DH is deployed, and the further along I get the more it takes out of me to do all the household shopping. Yuck...and you just reminded me, next Friday is grocery day. Yuck.

Rach7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Hah there was a period of time where we had to have eggs in the house or I would be pretty upset. I had to have my egg sandwich in the morning. So there were some items that I had to have. Another thing was green beans . I love them and gotta have them a lot of times.

Quoting DviousMaskerade:

lol this last week I've seriously wanted turkey sandwiches, blueberry muffins, and raspberry danishes. 

Quoting Rach7:

summerbear
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM

It really does suck. DH and d1 keep putting in stuff that looks so unappetizing... I just want the items that sound good to me and look good!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I totally know what you mean. Never go grocery shopping while you are hungry! I find a list and meal planning really helps here.

sweetktn
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I dread it. I used to like to hit Walmart (it's the cheapest place around here most items are almost twice the price at the other grocery store) and get in my exercise. Some good power walking. Now...no.. I only go if I HAVE to buy something then I try to keep it as short a visit as possible. It seems when I do have to go I either don't want to buy anything (and end up forgetting something I need) or I end up buying crap I originally didn't intend or want to buy. Then there's the contractions that start 10 mins into walking around that only get worse the longer I'm there, by the time I hit checkout I'm in so much pain it's crazy.

ShellieX
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I'm having trouble coming up with easy and tasty meal ideas.  Nothing sounds good except mashed potatoes and gummy worms.  I just go shopping and buy a bunch of crap, and by the time I get home it all looks disgusting.  I've been really dizzy too, so I can't go by myself in case I need help.  :(  Frustrating!

saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:19 AM
I totally understand, I also have been trying to buy the easy stuff too ( for when dh is home with the boys and I'm in the hospital) and I end up eating it cause it's so easy and i don't have to do anything :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:19 AM

My first like 14 weeks I didn't want to eat anything...I would wander around the store and have no idea what to get cuz everything sounded gross.
Now I go in and I'm like "OMG that sounds so good" and by the time I get it home its sounds insane and disgusting. I have to take DH with me or I end up with stuff for sandwiches and smores and thats it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)