Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

37 and Pregnant Again

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 21 Replies

Would love to hear from other moms out there that are pregnant and in their late 30's.  I have a 6 year old son and found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant.  I total surprise!  My son was also a surprise.  I am a little nervous about being pregnant and over 35 with the risks that come with that.  I plan to have genetic testing done.  Would love to get support from other moms going through the same thing and how you are dealing with the unknown.

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

April Williams is a MOMpreneur, runs a successful network marketing business and founder of Professional Wahms.   www.AprilWilliamsOnline.com  Connect with April on Facebook

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rtenboer
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Take a deep breath. My mom had my older brother at 36, me at 42 and my younger brother at 43. We are all healthy. You will be fine. Relax and enjoy ur new baby. Congrats
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Good luck! 8)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!   :-D
It's fun to experience things from a new-different perspective!

Lots of ladies around me have babies "later."
I am older than you and eventually hope to have more babies myself.  :-)
I won't consider my age a "risk" but will certainly be aware that it's harder on me in general.  
And I will use midwives to reduce my unnecessary risks, too.

Best wishes!

Elevenhounds
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
I just gave birth on Thursday to my dd Lydia Ann. I turned 40 in April. She is perfectly healthy and my pregnancy was no more difficult than my previous pregnancies except I was a bit more tired due to my age.

I had a bit of genetic testing...the initial testing which was 16 week comprehensive ultrasound and blood tests, showed no abnormalities so I didn't need to have anything more invasive.

My mother had me at 41 and both my grandmothers had their youngest children in their early 40s.

Enjoy your pregnancy and one of the perks of being an older mom is that you will have closer monitoring by your doc and extra ultrasounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
35witeenagers
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Hello April, I am 35 and will be 36 when the baby is born.  I have a 16 and 13 year old, both girls.  I was worried as well about my age but now I refused to think any other way than my baby will be healthy.  I am going to have a detailed u/s at the request of my Dr. on Wed, not because anything is wrong, just to be on the safe side. Just enjoy your pregnancy and pray about it.  I am having a girl again, what does your son want a lil bro or lil sis?

CafeMom Tickers
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I'm also 37 and I just (on July 7) gave birth to twin boys (my second set.)  everything was fine.  They were a bit early (8 weeks.  We first set were 17 weeks.)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Congrats and welcome! 

ChanceMom01
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I'm 39 and almost 32 weeks pregnant with baby #2. So far they say he is very healthy and a BIG boy at almost 5 pounds already. It's exciting no matter what age or how many kids you have. I have had several m/c's and consider him nothing less than a miracle! Oh, and congrats:)

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Congrats!

ginene
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Doctors make patients stress out more.  Don't listen to them. My grandmother had her first child at 34 and she had 7 kids and they all turned out fine.  She had my mom at 38

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)