Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Post c section abdominal/bowel discomfort

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ugh... If I have to to pee or hve a bowel movement or even a gas pain I feel like someone is stabbing me... Like um... Tmi... Up my hiney. It's the worst pain in the world. It almost feels like a horrible leg cramp that you can't stop from tightening up. Makes me freeze and break out in a sweat bc it hurts so badly. My bladder-- I almost feel like I can't empty it bc it hurts to do that. Maybe my insides are adjusting? Idk but I am so uncomfy :( anyone else have any issues remotely like this?
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I have never had a c-seciton, but here is a bump

PEACHES1721
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM

bump

mommy2bRN007
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:59 PM
As long as you are able to have bm's I wouldnt worry. No doubt its uncomfy, but a lot of your parts are readjusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM

That doesn't sound familiar. I think maybe you should call your doctor.

nikkip1
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM

You should get GAS-X and a stool softner. Thats what I got after all of my c-sections.

Armymom134
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:25 PM

With any major surgery down there you shouldn't have to strain to go to the bathroom it will cause pain if you do. Get a stool softener and if it doesn't help you go, then ask your doctor about a laxative. Trust me you do not want to get constipated after surgery. As far as it hurting to urinate, I would definitely call the dr about that, that is not normal.

angela.bouchard
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:31 PM

i would call your dr and ask, do you have hemroids? i had a csection and had painful bowel movements for a while, hemroids lasted for months. good luck1

boyzx4
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:37 PM

With all 4 of my cesareans I had severe gas pain and a very painful time going to bathroom. Even trying to pee hurt for a while. How long ago was our c-section?

joledalynn
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM
I had my c section on June 29th. I'm not constipated at all. I can go but going is the most painful thing in the world. I have taken gas x and it's not helping :( idk I guess I'll call the doc. This is my second c section. I didn't do this 4 years ago with my last.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I have had 3 c-sections and never had that issue. I have dealt with some painful bowel movements but never any issues with my bladder. It would not hurt to call your doctor. I hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)