Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Itchy clitoris and labia during late pregnancy.

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

I don't have any infections that I'm aware of. My clitoris and labia have been swollen for about a week now and when it all touches it gets really itchy. It's VERY sensitive and driving me insane. No weird oders or discharge. Just the swelling and itchyness. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. 

by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HStarin
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Possible yeast infection?? I just had the EXACT same thing, and that is what they tested for and it was positive

dsebastian23
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

You have tons of blood flow down there.

myheartisyours
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Yea I'm also going to say yeast infection. Just had the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ufollakaitlin
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Same here! But I'm only 21 weeks and I've been having it on and off for a couple weeks now. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to be checked AGAIN

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I get like this and honestly I think my PH is just off. I usually rinse things off after I pee and let it air dry and it tends to help. Good luck!

AylaKay
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

i'd say ask your doctor about it.  i think i may have to ask mine at the next appt, its not swollen at all (at least not that i notice) but sometimes its reallyyyy itchy and sensitive :/  it could be a yeast infection though.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM

That's how my yeast infections start off. I dont get the discharge or odor until it's gotten severe.

summerbear
by Rachel on Aug. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I had the same thing late in pregnancy. It was never a yeast infection. I agree with a pp about the pH being off. I would clean up down there and pat it dry, even inside and when it got unbearable I would put some powder down there. It stopped the day I had him.

angeldescending
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

That's how my yeast infections start off. I dont get the discharge or odor until it's gotten severe.

CafeMom Tickers

Juliet8115
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Definitely check for yeast infection, but it also could just be the skin stretching around the area a bit in prep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN