Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI help!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok I think I just lost my mucus plug. I took a couple pics of it and were wondering if I can post them and you ladies that have lost yours, could tell me if that's what it is. Please!!! I never lost mine with the girls and just wanna know if that what this is. Thanks so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CowgirlMama0508
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:33 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waitingportside
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Mine was just really clear thick slimy gel like glob, with a little streak of blood in the end of it. Its coloring was sort of like clear jello.  

http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/turkey-shaped-jell-o-mold-competition.jpeg

That color, except without the fish Lol

Edit:  I also had DS maybe 5 hours later :)

CowgirlMama0508
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM
It didn't have any blood...if it did it was not alot. It was a glob of snot like..stuff lol. About that color. I have a couple pics if that would help, I live 30 mins from the hospital on a very curvy river road

Quoting waitingportside:

Mine was just really clear thick slimy gel like glob, with a little streak of blood in the end of it. Its coloring was sort of like clear jello.  

http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/turkey-shaped-jell-o-mold-competition.jpeg

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Mine looked like globs of snot. If you think that is what it is, it probably is. Labor may start soon or in weeks. I started losing mine at 35 weeks and had my daughter after 39 weeks.

Grungalax
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

I've been loosing bits and pieces for a few months now. Min just looks a lot loke snot, but not green, no blood.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:48 AM
I'm 37w4d if that helps. I haven't noticed any before now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waitingportside
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Yeah, the blood in mine was a really tiny streak.   And it probably is your mucus plug, if its snot like.  But they can come out, and grow back, labor could start soon, or even weeks from now.. which sucks. I wish it was a better tell if you're going to be able to meet your baby sooner, but its different for everyone. 

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

It didn't have any blood...if it did it was not alot. It was a glob of snot like..stuff lol. About that color. I have a couple pics if that would help, I live 30 mins from the hospital on a very curvy river road

Quoting waitingportside:

C8Baxter
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 AM
Don't think you need to post pictures. Maybe you lost it, maybe not. It's not a clear indicator of labor. It could be soon or it could be 5 weeks from now. Just pay attention to contractions and labor signs. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:18 AM

mine looked like a big glob of snob it was quite tacky and not slimy

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Sounds like your muscus plug. Congrats you are almost there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)