Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bfp while ebf?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
Have any of you ladies become pregnant
while exclusively breastfeeding?

If so I'm curious how you "knew" you were expecting.... What signs did you have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

this is my first baby but have you heard of the duggers well most of her kids were conceived while she was breast feeding she has 19 kids

blg5484
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

this girl did DD is 13 month and in 32 weeks i knew cuz we use NFP and my chart got a little out of wack i thought I was about to start my first post baby period but when that didnt happen and chart had been off for about 3 weeks I had DH go get a test it came back negative so i thought well may be Ill start soon now and a week later still nothing so I tested again and it was a very faint positive

mibebe1982
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

well this has happened twice to me, exactly at the 17 month mark! I was EBF my son who is now 4 and around when he hit 17 months old I ovulatd without any period and got pregnant with my 4th child. Again while EBF my 4th baby around the 17 month mark I again ovulated and tried for baby #5 and success! No periods just going based on CM. Here I am pregnant with #5 due in October. I just knew since I had bad nausea and my boobs were super sensative.

babygomez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Not i. I never breastfed though.

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM

I am very aware of my fertility signs so I knew that I was the day we did the deed, my fertility returns early which stinks for some things.  I just really have learned my body signs 

hopinforanother
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Not EXCLUSIVELY. My son ate solids.

I was breastfeeding my 13 mo old 4-6 times during the day and 2-3 times at night when I got a BFP. I nursed my whole pregnancy and now I tandem nurse.

My signs were cramping, backache, and spotting several days before AF was due.

hopinforanother
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:41 AM

EBF means the child does not eat any solids or drink formula at all. Most people EBF for 6 months or so. I dont think many people EBF past a year, Kids normally eat some food by then.

YzmaRocks
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:09 AM
I have not but I have ovulated while EBF. I knew I was though and hubby and I abstained so I wouldn't get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Nope, I've never used breastfeeding as birth control.

Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)