Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to have a baby!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Is 23 a good age to have your first baby?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Hi guys,

I decided to join CafeMom and the pregnancy group because I have beed dreaming to get pregnant and have a baby for very long time. I am 22 now I and in the December I will be 23. I have just started my first internship in a good company. I have my boyfriend for 3 years already and we have been talking to get married and have kids. Bt he is not working yet plus right now he lives in another country. I am a bit confused how to make the things work so that everything is ok and it won'd seem like I am rushing to have a baby without being prepared and having provided the basics for a baby.

What do you guys think? What would you do in my place?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I had a baby at 23 and I feel like I was way more sufficient and responsible than when I was 15 and had a baby.

zaritu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:45 AM

expecting girltoddler girlgirl giving flower

Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM

If you feel ready for it  I say go ahead.

zaritu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:49 AM

well thanks for the reply :)

Here the situation is not about whether I will be ready and prepared for it. I am ready and I hope I will be a good mom. I am not sure whether the economic situation is suitable for having a baby.sarcasm 

mychinababy
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 AM

23 isn't too young to have a baby i'd just be concerned with the fact your boyfriend isn't there to support you through it. With my second we weren't in the same country for a little while and it was just torture! The hormones and not being with him just was emotionally exhausting. I can't imagine if he wasn't around after baby was born to help what I would have done.

zaritu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Thank you girls for your oppinion!

I really appreciate it!

blowing kisses

bxmommy2be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:13 AM
I don't necessary believe there is a right age to have a child as long as ur emotionaly and physically ready have the support the means and the time then I believe u can be ready
sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Quoting bxmommy2be:

I don't necessary believe there is a right age to have a child as long as ur emotionaly and physically ready have the support the means and the time then I believe u can be ready

Lilypie Maternity tickers
-mrs.mamma-
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM
I'm gonna be 22 and having my 2nd baby :)
If you're ready, and you feel confident you can provide for a baby, go for it.
Like someone else said, I'd be worried about the b/f not there for support :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessGemini
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM

If you and your boyfriend feel as if you are ready then I say go for it. There is no way to ever be 100% prepared for a baby, and I think people who wait until they are 100% prepared are never going to end up being parents. I was 18 when I got pregnant with my son and 19 when I had him. Me and my fiance had been dating for a short time and were not trying to get pregnant, we just didn't take all of the steps we could have to prevent it. But now that he is here I cannot imagine my life without him and would not change it for the world. Now me and my fiance are expecting our second child, this one was planned. I turned 21 in May. So like I said, if you feel like you are as ready as you'll ever be then go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)