Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period cramps at 27 weeks? PLEASE READ

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

I woke up this morning and feel like I'm having a bad period. It doesn't feel like contractions or anything, but like a bad period. I'm really crampy down low, my back is acky and crampy( lower back) and my girl part is kinda acky and sore like when your on your period and it's heavy. I only ever felt this way once durring a pregnancy and it was durring the only time I went into labor without being induced. I felt like it before labor really started( at the begining of it). But False labor has never felt like this and it's too soon for real labor, so any ideas whats going on?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM

You may want to call to see if you should come in and get checked out.

Good luck!

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM

cramps are normal, only worry if they are worse than what a period cramp would normally be like, and worry if there is any type of spotting of blood of any sort.

brittney28
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM
Happens to me too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Sometimes they are normal to have. I would call the Doctor to make sure they do not need to check you out. Good luck! I had the same thing around 16-17 weeks

Mrs.Morgan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Call your doc and see what they want you to it does sound like some kind of labor

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Better safe than sorry! 8)

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

Call your doc and see what they want you to it does sound like some kind of labor

CafeMom Tickers

hernandezMommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Quoting mem82:

Better safe than sorry! 8)

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

3kidz123
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I called and they said to just come in for my scedualled check up at 3pm. I'm annoyed because I think it was a receptionist or something...she didn't talk to the doctor or anything. She didn't say what I should do like if I should rest, or drink more, or anything. They are stronger than period cramps now, I drank 48oz of water and took a hot epsom salt bath but it didn't help. Kinda want to punch my doctor....feeling a little cranky. Any ideas on what to make it feel better?

twinsat44
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Period type cramping is a sign of preterm labor.  You should definitely go to the doctor to get checked out.  Preterm labor is not always contractions, there are other signs too.  There is a great website called KeepEmCookin.com that is all about preterm labor.  I hope everything is okay!

BabieBeat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Don't ever hesitate to call and ask your doctor, midwife or health care team about any questions or concerns you may have. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And  always ~ and trust your gut.

Big Hugs,
Connie  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)