Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Journey Continues - Still recovering, 3rd Trimester

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM
  • 141 Replies

Hello, ladies, this is a continuation of my old thread... I thought I would continue it (change it) here, because the old thread is no longer applicable (it was called "Updated: Previa, Abruptia, 2 Subchorionic Hemmorages, Symptomatic, 16 weeks).

- I no longer have the Complete, or even a Partial Previa - they completely healed.
- The Subchorionic Hemmorages (SCH) are also completely gone at this time.
- Finally, the Placenta Abruptia, my Perinatologist said, that i had from my first trimester to about 6 weeks ago has healed as well, as far as they can tell.

I am still on modified bedrest, and still doing what I can to avoid my ex's Domestic Violence (DV) or retaliation. I am still caring for a high medical needs teen, a minor child (10), and the MIRACLE baby that is Baby Jude.

Therefore, this is just me dealing with the scarring, minor (10%) damage to the placenta, and my third trimester baby. It will contain Joys and Worries, and all of the above. You are welcome to share your stories and anecdotes here as well. This is just for emotional, spiritual, mental support, idea-sharing, and that sort of thing. :)

WARNING: There may be stuff related to the Domestic Violence event that caused all of the above conditions.

Note: The original thread can be found here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/14124115/Updated_Previa_Abruptia_2_Subchorionic_Hemmorages_Symptomatic_16_wks?ct=wdg_my_posts

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Good luck and take care!

Harmy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Re:
I have an updated picture on my avatar. We are now in our THIRD TRIMESTER, 29 weeks this week.
I don't have any updated ultrasounds or info yet, as our Perinatologist gave us 4 weeks to get transferred here after we evacuated from the mountain state, and I'm still transfering benefits and doctors.

The good news is I found a Perinatologist and a level III NICU within an hour of where we live. They do training in high-risk NICU and L&D cases, they do transport from our area hospitals, and in a few weeks we will get to have a tour. They have already accepted me and my insurance, once it transfers.
I'll make the appt. with the Perinatologist as soon as I get my new insurance number.

The kids are doing ok, and I am finally reunited with my 13 year old, and 10 year old.
My 13 year old is having problems with his medical condition, but I did put him back on his cortisteroids. it is early but I believe he is responding.

My family is still making preparations, we are in a hotel until they finish. I am grateful for that.

School is starting soon, and I've managed to get the school supplies and such the children need (praise my local Schools, and my ability to budget, and of course always praise God for His provisions).  Working on getting more school outfits as time goes on (we lost a lot when we had to leave because of the DV and travel cross-country). I hated being separated from them for 2 months, but it did give all of us a bit of insight and help us not to take each other for granted as much. :)

Baby Jude is doing well, as far as I can tell. He already has an amazing and strong spirit (as we know as he fought for his life, and as I fought for mine), and that has been more evident, as he moves and in the manner he moves. He responds to his brother's voices, and I am excited he will get to know his extended family's voices as well over the course of the next few weeks.

The Perinatologist and medical team in the mountains did think that, becuase of the damage to my uterus (with scarring) and the 10% damage to the placenta, that baby Jude will have to be taken early when he stops making progress growing. Likely between (if I remember correctly) 32-34 weeks. I am hoping for 36 weeks or longer, but I realize we do have risk.

I have been having contractions regularly here or there, but over the next few days, I'm going to take it a bit easier (as well as on the weekend) and see if that doesn't go away. I will talk to the new Perinatologist about it all when I can. :) Maybe I'll even get new ultrasounds to share in a week or so. :)

Ok, that's it, I think. :)
Thanks to all of you who have been sharing this journey with me. group hug

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Glad things are working out for you and baby Jude is still fighting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM

good to hear it! keep your head up!

clintam
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM
I'm so glad everything is working out and baby jude is doing good :) prayers & *hugs* your way :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HStarin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I am SO very glad that everything is looking brighter for you!!! Rest and take care of you and your growing family! 

summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Praise God that all the other issues have healed!

It is amazing that you both made it this far despite the very rough beginning! Praying for at least another 7 weeks! You've made it this long!!

Harmy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Thanks, honey, and I'll try! :)

Quoting Rach7:

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Good luck and take care!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harmy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Thank you for your kindness! :)
Yes! I am grateful we are both able to continue fighting and be safe, too!
We will just keep going. Sometimes it feels like such a hefty burden - an the last week has been healthy but hard.
We will keep going, God willing! Almost 30 weeks (next week).

Quoting Avetay:

Glad things are working out for you and baby Jude is still fighting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harmy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Thanks! I'm trying! :-}

Quoting angevil53:

good to hear it! keep your head up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)