Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about managing weight, was slightly overweight to start

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

Any suggestions from experience on ways to manage weight during pregnancy?  I gained 70 lbs with first and 36 with 2nd.  Now that I am 30 and was having issues losing weight before I was pregnant I am concerned about putting on TOO much weight during this pregnancy.  Dr.  told me "you worry too much Nancy"  But it is more I want to be smarter this go round.  I know I am going to gain but I don't want it to be to much to where it has affects on my health and/or babies. 

Suggestions?????

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WifeMommaTo3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Oh and my pic is my avatar.  So I am not huge but am only 3 months along.  :S

Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I would drink lots of water and try to eat the smaller meals. I think that helped me. Give in to some cravings here and there but if they are real bad try to make yourself eat something healthier. Eat chicken and lots of vegetables. I always kept veggies on hand in my house.

Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM

You could look at the book skinny b**** bun in the oven. I have not looked at it but its a book when you are pregnant lol.

WifeMommaTo3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Thanks!!!  Fortunately water is the ONLY thing that taste good right now.  I did buy carrots, celery, broocoli, grapes and nectarines at the store the other day.  I think I just need to stay focused on that and if it EVER gets any cooler in LA I will start walking again but 107 real temp in Louisiana is just TOO hot.  :(

Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM

OMG that is awful I am sorry. Do you have stuff inside that you can use treadmill? Make sure you don't go overboard just take a nice walk if you have excercise equipment. I would not advise to be in that heat. Sounds like you are on the right track. It can be really hard though I know. I was eating pretty well before I had my daughter and towards the end I was not so good. I am going to work my butt off to get this extra weight off. It was flying off at first. But even with bfing I am at a stand still aghhh! I still got several weeks before I can start the workout =/

Quoting WifeMommaTo3:

Thanks!!!  Fortunately water is the ONLY thing that taste good right now.  I did buy carrots, celery, broocoli, grapes and nectarines at the store the other day.  I think I just need to stay focused on that and if it EVER gets any cooler in LA I will start walking again but 107 real temp in Louisiana is just TOO hot.  :(

WifeMommaTo3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Unfortunately I don't but I do have an elliptical but I don't know about using it.  I did use it before and even in the first month but I hadn't since. Good luck!!! I really hope that I can keep it down. 

Mrs.Morgan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Drink lots of water and cut sodas stay active as much as you can and eat healthy lots of fruits and veggies and not as much fast food and processed foods. gl to you

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Try to keep everything in moderation. Also, if you are going to indulge, which you should so you don't feel deprived, eat fruit or drink a big glass of water first. It'll keep you from being able to REALLY chow down. lol

lisakansas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I was worried this time round, myself...I'm 38 and I was 25 lbs overweight going into this pregnancy.  My previous two pregnancies I was 19 and 24 and in great physical shape both times, not overweight at all--I gained about 50 lbs each time, but rebounded quite well.  I knew I couldn't afford to do that NOW!  

I just watched what I ate this time round, and ate whenever I was hungry but only just enough to feel satisfied...it worked out way better than I meant it to, I didn't gain any weight til about week 30 and I've gained very little since (I'm 38 weeks now).  But the baby's huge :D so it  hasn't been detrimental to her at all.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)