Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

Over the wekend my SO and I were talking and he says he doesn't think that we are having a boy, even though I've had 2 ultrasounds that say boy. He says that we should pick out a girl outfit and name just in case. Has anyone picked out an outfit and name for the other sex? Now he's got me all worried that we're having a girl and I only have boy things.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM

If you've had two ultrasounds showing that your baby is a boy then it's very unlikely that it's a girl.

boshs1andonly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM

We had an ultrasound that said girl, but we do still have a boy's name just in case. I know people who have had multiple ultrasounds that were wrong about gender, so it is possible. I don't think it would hurt to have a name just in case. 

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

BUMP!

Jlg777
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Well to be honest If 2 u/s say boy its a boy but if your so thinks other and wants to pick out a girl name and a outfit I would induldge him. Nothing wrong with that. My hb and I always had a name for the opposite sex just incase the u/s was wrong. We wanted to be prepared. :) 

lisakansas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Not in this case, I've had weekly ultrasounds for the past 4 weeks straight and even I can see she's a girl, so there's no doubt.  :)  But I remember with my second baby, they told me they were "95% sure" it was a boy but there was enough uncertainty there that I did make sure about half his outfits were unisex (and his nursery decorations already were, and before we'd even found out that much we'd picked out a name for each gender, so we were set).  It WAS a boy though. :) 

summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I have always taken a just in case outfit. Even when we had a 3D/4D ultrasound showing she was all girl!! Technology can always be wrong. Just get a cute girly outfit to make him happy. You can always leave it at the hospital, like I did, or give it to a friend who is having a girl.

jombmomi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

As soon as we knew I was pregnant (even before the test was positive) we were sure it was a girl. This is my 5th and I've never really doubted the ultrasound. Now I just can't get it out of my head that maybe we are having a girl. We only have middle name picked out and I can't think of a first name that I like. I guess it's just being paranoid.

Sharell8710
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM

DH and I were just talking about this as well. We have 3 boys, and our ultrasound 4 weeks ago showed we are finally having a girl. But there's always that thought of "what if they're wrong?" I would be completely devastated, considering I've been waiting for and now preparing for a daughter. Pink everything, cute clothes, not to mention just the thought of raising a daughter and bonding with her like only mothers and daughters can. I just hope and pray the ultrasound tech was correct with her opinion- it certainly looks different than my boys did LOL! But it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a back-up plan, just in case I suppose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)