Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

So Im 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my second child. I had a dr apt yesterday and from the time I found out I was pregnant until now...4 months....I havent gained a single pound. I lost 15 lbs in the first 3 months...but I still havent gained any of it back. The weird part is that Ive actually been eating alot more often. Maybe its because I eat mostly fruits n veggies? Not much bread n such? I dunno! But with my first I gained 53 lbs throughout the entire pregnancy! I feel tiny this time. Almost like Im doing something wrong, but the dr isnt worried about it. He said that the loss is from all the m/s early on but I should start gaining soon since Im into my 2nd trimester... Anyone else having this problem?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I lost 25lbs with my older daughter and it wasn't until the last trimester that I gained weight. I gained most of it back. My daughter was 8lbs4oz, too, so she wasn't even a small, sickly baby. So as long as you ARE eating, and heating right, you'll be okay. 8)

summerbear

I lost over 20 pounds until I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant before I started gaining anything back. Once I finally started gaining, I was still 6 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight.

paaepae

At my 37wk appt, last Wednesday, I was 11lbs less then before I got pregnant...My doctor doesn't seem to worry about  it.

I am 38wks today, and can't wait to see what  weigh now.

mom2princesslex
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Thank you ladies! Im glad Im not the only one! The most important thing is that baby is looking great and has a nice healthy heart beat!

Shooting_star25
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

im 19w1d and i still havent put on any weight. i lost 16lbs due to morning sickness too. 
i eat ALOT of fruits and veggies, and dinner is my only "real" meal. 
my dr isnt concerned yet...  

lisakansas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Honestly I didn't gain any weight at all with this pregnancy til the 30th week, and even then, I've gained almost nothing since.  I gained 45 lbs with my first pregnancy and 50 lbs with my second--but the difference for me is, I wasn't overweight with either of those and I was about 25 lbs overweight going into this one.  All in all, it worked out fine all three times. :)  My first and second pregnancies produced 8 lb babies and this baby is ALREADY 9 lbs, according to her ultrasounds, so it's all good!

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

weight loss is normal, everybody is different. Many people gain no weight and their baby comes out very normal and healthy.

mom2princesslex
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Yep...same here! I try to snack throughout the day, but its hard when I have no appetite. The only things I can eat without an appetite are fruits n veggies...Sometimes soup! Glad to know Im not alone!

Quoting Shooting_star25:

im 19w1d and i still havent put on any weight. i lost 16lbs due to morning sickness too. 
i eat ALOT of fruits and veggies, and dinner is my only "real" meal. 
my dr isnt concerned yet...  

mom2princesslex
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

See thats why its weird for me. I was a lil underweight when I got pregnant with my first and my dr told me in order for baby to be healthy I had to gain at least 45 to 50 lbs. Well I gained 53...When I went to dr the other day I asked how much I had gained by this time with my first pregnancy and by this time I had already gained 16 lbs...this time...negative 15..

Quoting lisakansas:

Honestly I didn't gain any weight at all with this pregnancy til the 30th week, and even then, I've gained almost nothing since.  I gained 45 lbs with my first pregnancy and 50 lbs with my second--but the difference for me is, I wasn't overweight with either of those and I was about 25 lbs overweight going into this one.  All in all, it worked out fine all three times. :)  My first and second pregnancies produced 8 lb babies and this baby is ALREADY 9 lbs, according to her ultrasounds, so it's all good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)