• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questioooooonnn!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

So i am currently 36 weeks pregnant this is my 1st. & I'm a really  big baby when it comes to pain so idk if im juss over reacting or its really like this..anyways. I'm currently having really bad like menstrual cramping type pains & SERIOUS back pain & i went to the doctor & she told me something about what to do if i get cramping... im  not passing through any fluids...so does anybody think this could juss be the case of

Quote:

Quote:

BRAXTON HICKS

? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous/scared to have my baby.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Your third trimester is the hardest on your body. Your baby is taking up your whole uterus now, and your body is trying its best to carry around your baby. Cramping and back pain can be completely normal. However, if you start experiencing hardening of your uterus, you are more than likely experiencing contractions. True labor contractions usually last anywhere from 60-90 seconds and when they are 5-7 mins apart, its time to go to the hospital.

Pre term labor can be brought on by several things. Dehydration is one of the most common. Drink plenty of water, lay in your left side, and relax. You can try a warm bath and Tylenol to help with the pain.

Always call your doctor if you feel something isn't right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabbi01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Thank youu. Also would you happen to know .. how can i tell if i've "dropped"?

xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Your stomach will look lower. Your baby dropping is not an indication of labor, so don't worry there either.

Quoting Gabbi01:

Thank youu. Also would you happen to know .. how can i tell if i've "dropped"?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Time when the pain comes. If it comes and goes at regular intervals you are probably in labor. Being dehydrated, even just a little can cause menstrual like cramps and can be labor like in pain. I would try to drink several glasses of water and lay down for a little while to see if they go away.

Call you OB if you are ever concerned.

msswisher08
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM
When I dropped it felt like my hips popped out and I felt baby lower also had major pressure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)