• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms getting on my nerves. Vent!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
I had an appoinment monday and baby is measuring 4weeks ahead. I told her it just mean the baby will be big like my last one 9lbs 6oz. But she keeps telling people I am going to have the baby in Sept. around the 15. Just because thats when she thinks baby should come. I am not even due until Oct.21. Its fustrating. Then my sister says I should have the doctor induce me at 37weeks or just have a c-section. Um NO. I don't plan to have a c-section or to be induced. I already told my husband that I will not let the doctor induce before 40weeks. I wish mom and sister would mind there own business. My mom also is telling people this is my last and telling me I should have anymore. Um hello its my choice not yours. You had 6 this is only my 3 so leave me alone. I plan to have as many child as God blesses me with. I dont plan to use birth control and she can think that its stupid all she wants but this is my life and choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Sorry. She shouldn't tell people that. Why on earth can't she just tell them your real due date.

kirstina
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM
because she is sure the baby is coming sept. 15. I dont expect to make it to 40weeks but i expect that I will not have the baby until atleast Oct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:58 PM

She can say what she wants! That will just you more satisfaction when you and baby prove her wrong!

My mom is also telling everyone that ds was my last one. I have 2 girls and now ds, I was planning on being done, but with her telling everyone that, it makes me want to have another one out of spite...

angevil53
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM

good idea on following your instincts with the inducing thing!

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Ugh, Moms...

Mine told me she hoped I stopped with this one. She said the same thing after number 2 and number 3. LOL As you can see, I listen to her really, really well. 8)

stevynjjsmoma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Quoting summerbear:

She can say what she wants! That will just you more satisfaction when you and baby prove her wrong!

My mom is also telling everyone that ds was my last one. I have 2 girls and now ds, I was planning on being done, but with her telling everyone that, it makes me want to have another one out of spite...

Wow this is my exactly same situation too!

Baby8901
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM
i agree with you on the birth control and inducing/c-section. I don't, and won't use birth control. I'll have as many as God sees I need. I'm sorry she's saying those things :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Agreed. My mil keeps saying. Your done now, right? Annoys the hell outta me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM

The way I see it is if the doctor doesn't have an issue with it then it must not be a big deal. I would just tell them that the doctor knows what he's doing and they shouldn't be too worried. And you have every right to not want to be induced until after 40 weeks. Unless it's medically necessary then there's no reason for that. I hope they lay off soon, that would drive me insane! 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Kindly tell her to please keep her opinions to herself. Ugh, my MIL can get like that sometimes. In the end at least she has no control over what happens so it is just annoying and not harmful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)