Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor for those who've forgotten.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

My first two pregnancies were C-sections. 

My daughter was due Sept 4, born August 21st.  Shes the only one I've actually went into labor with. She was 21inches long, 6lb14oz. I told my doc I wasnt going to make it and thought my due date was wrong.

My son was orginially scheduled June 8th, and he was born May 22nd after they moved it up because he was measuring 2 1/2 weeks bigger and he came out 7lbs and 21 inches.

Not surprisingly this pregnancy my orginial due date is Sept 26th-- Csection scheduled  Sept 18th. and the baby is measuring 2 weeks 5 days farther along. My doc at this point said he wont be surprised if I dont make it to the 18th. He orginially scheduled it for the 12th but decided their was no harm in waiting and I dont disagree. 

Problem is, I have no idea what to look out for because I've been planning for a C-section.. I have this strange feeling labor is close, within the next few weeks. Im nesting, energetic, having contractions all throughout the day (they arent getting stronger), and baby is compeletely dropped and hasnt been moving all that much. This is how i felt with my first a week before my first was born.  I dont want to go into full blown labor because the recovery blows. With my daughter I didnt even know my water had broke and I was in labor at 5cm. 

I dont have an appointment until the 26th, but i dont want to start overreacting. 

Whats some good indicators I should head in or call my doc in case something happens before the 26th?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hmmm, extreme pressure or contractions are the only really good signs that labor is going to happen, outside of your water breaking. I would suggest making a doctor's appointment and getting checked to make sure you aren't dilating. It would make you feel better, at least.

Juliet8115
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

a ouple of good tips. If you start having contractions all over your belly, or radiating from back to front, change your position. if you're sitting, lay down, and if your laying down, go take a bath or sit up. If the contractions subside or go away, they are braxton-hicks. If they stay regualr, they are probably real. to help with the contractions, lean forward on something like a chair and swing your hips. it will take all pressure off the back. Good Luck!

-Gina

www.thegentlebirth.com

Im.L0vely
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM

See, the contractions are hard for me. When I did have contractions with my first.. They never really hurt they just became regular. I had no idea they were real, honestly i just went to the hospital because my husband was home on R&R from Afghanistan and was just hoping it would progress. It was surprising to find out my water had broke, and i was dilated to 5 cm.. 

im thinking i should just leave a message with my doc and give him a heads up. He hasnt checked me once to see if Ive dilated, and im actually kind of confused because with my first two pregnancies I was there every other week until my 9th month. Hes only scheduling me once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)