• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cervical length ultrasound

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Been contracting so doctor wants me to have one done today at 330. I'm 30 weekks. Never had one. Any advice? Like what's good length?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krista16
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollFace-23
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM

They never told me a length..They will just tell you if it's still thick or if it's beginning to thin out

brittney28
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Anything over a three is good... I'm 29 weeks and mine is a 1.6.. I've been on bedrest since week 16
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krista16
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Do they see if your dilated or does it matter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spazchicken
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM

They should be able to physcially tell if you are dilated, though the thinning part is a lot more important. You might be dilated already if you had another birth or a miscarriage.  I'm 1.5cm open and I'm almost 19 weeks, but it's been that way since the beginning.

Quoting krista16:

Do they see if your dilated or does it matter?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Not sure of exact numbers but they will probably tell you if it looks like it is shortening or not. Good luck!

SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Ive been having to get cervical checks and mine went from 2.9cm to 2.5cm in two weeks and im 33 weeks. The tech just tells you if its normal. Your doc will have to call you with the details and that usualy takes a day. They like to see you at least 3.0cm. I had to have my first steroid shot last night and i have to go for my last one tonight. It helps mature babys lungs just in case they are born early. When they check cervical length, they usually do a transvaginal u/s.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)