Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did any of your pets do this too?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 32 Replies

We have 3 kittens, they are 5 months old. Just recently all 3 of them have been around me when I go to bed. One of them sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed, another one has been sleeping under the sheets by my feet, and then the other one has been sleeping right next to me near my belly. Sometimes when I am just sitting down one of them will just come up and lay on my belly like they are protecting the baby or something, it's really cute actually. I am just wondering if they sense that I am pregnant and that I will be delivering soon. I am 34 weeks so I am getting close to delivering. Has anybody else's cats or dogs done the same thing? 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calimommy1021
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM

BUMP!

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:14 PM
My mini Dixie will guard my belly too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Aw! That's cute! 

Quoting Avetay:

My mini Dixie will guard my belly too

Baby8901
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM
my chihuahua sleeps right by my side of the bed and doesn't move. He's become really protective of me lately :) he actually lays under the bed right under where i lay my head sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM

My cats sleep with me on and off. Although the more snugly one has been very aggressive about cuddling since I've been pregnant. Like shoving herself in my face and not giving up while I try to sleep.

calimommy1021
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM

That's how the one kitten is that sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed. She usually is laying right next to the bed or she'll sleep right under where my pillows are. 

Quoting Baby8901:

my chihuahua sleeps right by my side of the bed and doesn't move. He's become really protective of me lately :) he actually lays under the bed right under where i lay my head sometimes.

calimommy1021
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM

BUMP!

Kierri
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

When I was pregnant with DD our cat would come and rest against my belly. I wouldn't let her lay on top because she was really heavy and I wouldn't be able to breath. ha ha!

pregowithfifth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM

My 2 dogs and my cat take turns gaurding my belly when I am sleeping and even when I am not.  

JamieLyn822
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM

When I was pregnant with dd my dog was really protective of me, always stood in front of me if a stranger was around, wouldn't let the other dog near me at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)