Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soo I'm chillin in l&d

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM
  • 40 Replies
Two nights or so ago, my water broke. I am 33 weeks along and they want to keep me here on hospital bedrest until he gets here. I have not gone into labor, I think the term they used for it is pre prom? I don't know how long he'll stay in but they won't induce unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone else gone through this? I'll be checking the site from time to time so talk to me ladies!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I haven't gone through that but I've heard of a lot of women who have. That is great that they aren't trying to induce. Now hopefully labor doesn't start and you survive the boredom!

angevil53
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

it's good they aren't inducing, sometimes the rupture can fix itself and you just have to be on bedrest. good luck!

Mep291
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM

No I haven't, but glad they are letting you wait it out like angevil said! Luckily at 33 weeks even if you do go into labor baby should be just fine!

LKRA
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM

:(

PROM: Premature Rupture of Membranes

33 weeks is awfully early. They'll try to keep him in there for as long as possible.

3kidz123
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM

My sister in law had this. They were able to keep her pregnant for two whole weeks after her water broke with meds and hospital bedrest. Her baby ended up a month and a half early, he stayed in the hospital a while but is fine now! :)

Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I've never had this happen. Good luck to you and I hope that baby decides to stay in for atleast three weeks =)

Twitchie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM
I want him to stay in as long as he can, but I'm just so bummed.... I was scheduled to be off bedrest tomorrow but since I had a premature rupture I'm stuck in this stinky old hospital :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:18 PM

did your water totally break or are you leaking?

if it completely broke, it can be dangerous NOT to deliver you within a week or so, because of the risk of infection...

GL to you!

Proudmama2009
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Not trying to scare you but I thought once your water broke they have a certain amount of time to get the baby out?

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)