Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding out the gender at 13 weeks

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM
  • 39 Replies
I heard you can know as early as 12 weeks.. anyone know anymore? Or found out early??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM

You can't find out at 12 weeks. The ones who claim that they have are product of coincidence. Just as many women found out the wrong gender at that point.

Mom2Nicolas1229
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R3G1N4_L0V3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I have seen and read in a lot of place myself that you can know it by 13 weeks...I don't know how much I actually believe that. It seems kinda early to find out. Going for my 13 week sono next week so I'll be testing out the myth first hand hehe =)

Mrs.Worthen71
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM
I found out at 15 weeks, but the doctor wanted to do another one at 20 weeks to be sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM
my doc told me at 13 1/2 weeks u.s. it looked like a boy and at 21weeks u.s. he confirmed it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylansmommy09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM

you can... but i wouldn't recommend it because it could be wrong

adalinasmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:08 PM

i found out at 14 weeks 5 days, that i was having a boy and it has stayed a boy since then, there was no mistaking a boy either but i would assume that it maybe more difficult if you have a shy little boy or a girl so they would wait a couple more weeks most ppl find out between 16-20 depending on the ob too. gl

usnseabhoneyb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I knew a girl who found out she was having a girl at 13 weeks and I told her to wait until her next ultrasound at 22 weeks before she bought anything. She didnt listen to me and she went all pink crazy and bought all kinds of monogramed items that could not be returned. She found out at 22 weeks she was having a boy. Now she is stuck with all that stuff that she spent a fortune on.  

KelseyMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I found out my baby was a boy at 12 weeks i was also told that it could be wrong but it was confirmed at 14 weeks and 16 and again at 18 weeks they can sometimes tell but it's not fool proof or coindental seeing as i found out my now seven year old was a girl at 13 and that my son that died was a boy at 13 weeks as well mine were all accurate but they only told me what i was having because of my complications i wanted to know in caase the worse happened

apeyhen
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM

i found out at 13 to 14 wks and doc said it was a boy and said it was still early to say for sure but u could see boy part and it is for sure a boy im 23 wks Im so excited I cant wait to meet him god has really blessed me with my family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)