Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anybody live in NC???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I currently live in FL. Im sooo board of it i want to move sooo bad! Ive been looking into Cary, NC. From what Ive seen it has a great school district and WAY more job opportunities than here. We are expecting our second child in Dec. and SO cannot find a job :( we were thinking of moving come March.

Do you live in NC???

Where about???

How do you like it???

pregnant bellycombingtoddler boy

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

im in nc but ive never been to cary so im not much help, but dh and i considered moving there when he gets out of the army, i have heard a lot of good things about it from people who live there

kylansmommy09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM

where abouts r u in NC do you like it??? hows the weather.. I'm a true Floridian LOL

Quoting kmencl3210:

im in nc but ive never been to cary so im not much help, but dh and i considered moving there when he gets out of the army, i have heard a lot of good things about it from people who live there

kmencl3210
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM

im in a small town thats 1 hr from any of the major places, we basically have grocery stores, walmart, kmart, jcpenney's, belks and a few small stores but thats it, everything else is an hour away at least. i kind of like it, but i hate how far everything is but i like not living somewhere super busy or anything... im originally from ny so when we moved here it was a big change, the winters were a different kind of cold and summers a different kind of hot lol. i lived in florida for i think 4 or 5 months, and i hated it, i couldnt deal with the rain every day. haha. but this summer has been really hot and humid and ive been miserable, although i was pregnant for most of it so that changes it 

Quoting kylansmommy09:

where abouts r u in NC do you like it??? hows the weather.. I'm a true Floridian LOL

Quoting kmencl3210:

kylansmommy09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM

AWWW congrats yea pregnancy will change it LOL Im ready for a change im waiting for SO's go ahead and the plans will be made we are going to wait for our taxes an were outta here lol  

Quoting kmencl3210:

im in a small town thats 1 hr from any of the major places, we basically have grocery stores, walmart, kmart, jcpenney's, belks and a few small stores but thats it, everything else is an hour away at least. i kind of like it, but i hate how far everything is but i like not living somewhere super busy or anything... im originally from ny so when we moved here it was a big change, the winters were a different kind of cold and summers a different kind of hot lol. i lived in florida for i think 4 or 5 months, and i hated it, i couldnt deal with the rain every day. haha. but this summer has been really hot and humid and ive been miserable, although i was pregnant for most of it so that changes it 

Quoting kylansmommy09:

Quoting kmencl3210:

meg12784
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM
I live near camp leguene (jacksonville, nc)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I don't.

Here's a Bump!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:20 AM
Quoting babygomez:

I don't.

Here's a Bump!

Mrs.Morgan
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I don't but I have been there and the place I went they were carrying guns down the street (not my kind of place)

mamivon2
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Im not in this group though but I live in graham nc

JamieLyn822
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I live outside Raleigh, NC. Cary is about 45 minutes from us. It is a nice area but there are alot of other nice areas right around Raleigh too that aren't as expensive to live in. Cary is known for being sort of overpriced and having higher tax rates than some of the surrounding towns. I would recomend looking in Johnston County, which is right next to Wake County but has lower taxes and also great schools. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)