Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In just 2 days!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
I went to the doctor on Monday for my 34 weeks check up which I was 34 weeks an 4 days an I was planning on going out of town Friday so I had the doc check me. I had alot of contractions on saturday. Well he checks me an I'm dilated to 1. That's a change for me. So he said if I have more contractions to come in thurs or fri. To make sure nothing changed before I leave town. Well the last few days I've been contracting so I called today to make an appointment for thurs or fri. Well apparently he won't be in office those days so I went today an guess what? No out of town trip! I dilated to a 2 now, which makes me sad for my DD we were going to her grandparents to celebrate her bday early just in case baby came early. Cause my due date an her bday were only few days apart. But plus side I may be having a baby in a few weeks. I just pray she stays til 37 weeks cause I will be 35 weeks tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kassrk
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Good luck! I am 36 weeks and was having contractions and dilated to a 2. That was 2 weeks ago. Still no sign of baby though so hopefully the same happens for you.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Good luck!!

Rach7
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Good luck I hope she stays put too!

kassrk
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Thanks ladies. I went to hosptial last night an I dilated again they gave me stuff to stop contractions but it only made the space further apart. So they are just gonna let it go an if she comes, she comes :( so I'm hoping she calms down a bit I'm 35 weeks today just 2 more weeks atleast an I will b happy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Good Luck Mama!!!
sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I am surprised they are just letting it go...they must know that she is ready?  Did they do tests to make sure is breathing alright?  I was put on bedrest and given a prescription to take a few times a day to make my contractions stop.  Like you, they didn't stop but were further apart. 

Good luck!  I hope she waits!

Quoting kassrk:

Thanks ladies. I went to hosptial last night an I dilated again they gave me stuff to stop contractions but it only made the space further apart. So they are just gonna let it go an if she comes, she comes :( so I'm hoping she calms down a bit I'm 35 weeks today just 2 more weeks atleast an I will b happy :)

kassrk
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM
I was suprised to! No they didn't do anything but check my urine an blood count an said if I come back before 37 weeks then they would give me steroids. I was put on a prescription last month pericardia an it just wasnt cutting it anymore an they didn't believe me tlan gave me some at the hospital. But to there suprise it didn't do anything, so they gave me a shot an the shot just spaced out the contractions. Thanks I hope she waits too!

Quoting sunnymommy122:

I am surprised they are just letting it go...they must know that she is ready?  Did they do tests to make sure is breathing alright?  I was put on bedrest and given a prescription to take a few times a day to make my contractions stop.  Like you, they didn't stop but were further apart. 

Good luck!  I hope she waits!

Quoting kassrk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)