Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Buddies!!!For Mom's Who Believe Breast Is Best

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM
  • 119 Replies

Hello! So I am Kelsey and I breast fed my daughter for 2 years she is now a super healthy and super smart seven year old! I got a boy on the way and I plan on letting him self ween as well. I was very lucky with my daughter my supply was insane I was able to pump 32 oz. every two hours per breast that 64 oz. every 2 hours!!! If I have that big of a supply this time I am donating to a bank! So anyone else breast fed or plan on breast feeding? Do you think it made your little one smarter? Was it hard for you to let go? I was sad when my daughter refused to nurse anymore. I thought that last time I would know and lights would shine down from the heavens and a sweet lulluby would be playing in the background, it sounds silly but I did. Does anyone have any questions about nursing or milk supply? This is a post for all things breast!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I breastfed until my daughter self weaned at 6 months but I kept trying until 7 months and we were both just miserable. She is very intelligent. I don't really credit that to breastfeeding though. I think it is more her genes and how we are raising her.

StephanieB.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I have breast fed both my girls. DD! till she was 14 months and DD2 till she was 18 months and I was pregnant at the time. I love it! the only difference I see among breast fed babies and formula fed babies is body weight and size. everyone I know personally that used formula had very big babies/toddlers. My girls are thin and petite and never had formula.

kylansmommy09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:23 PM

BUMP!

vampiregirl100
Had hard time bf first baby hoping things go better with second
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usnseabhoneyb

This is my first and I plan on EBF :) 

KelseyMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I breastfed until my daughter self weaned at 6 months but I kept trying until 7 months and we were both just miserable. She is very intelligent. I don't really credit that to breastfeeding though. I think it is more her genes and how we are raising her.

I credit my daughters genuis to ger incredible genes as well but I like to think mommas milk added the finishing touches!

arianaxangel23
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM
I ep for a month with my second, it sucked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelseyMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Quoting StephanieB.:

I have breast fed both my girls. DD! till she was 14 months and DD2 till she was 18 months and I was pregnant at the time. I love it! the only difference I see among breast fed babies and formula fed babies is body weight and size. everyone I know personally that used formula had very big babies/toddlers. My girls are thin and petite and never had formula.

Kaidence didnt get that memo, she was always off the charts but she was born at 9 pounds 1 ounze and 21 1/2 inches long so she started her life off the baby charts!

KelseyMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Quoting vampiregirl100:

Had hard time bf first baby hoping things go better with second

I hope you have an easier time, the first time was hard for me to stick with because I was only 17 but I managed thanks to supportive people in my life, It is very rewarding and I hope this baby takes right to it!

mem82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Some of my kids got more BM than others but it doesn't seem to have affected how smart or healthy they are now. 8) I'm always jealous of those who have so much extra milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)